- The competition is open to all UC teaching faculty.
To be considered, nominees will have taught at UC for at least one full year, at the rank of instructor or higher, prior to submitting their nomination package.
We accept both self-nominations and nominations by others.
- A minimum of one year of experience in teaching at the rank of instructor or higher at the University of Cincinnati.
- DEADLINE: The deadline for dossiers to be submitted to the Center for Enhancement of Teaching & Learning (firstname.lastname@example.org) is Dec. 27, 2013. Dossiers must include:
- A cover letter of nomination.
- Supporting materials.
The following must be included with the nomination:
- A nomination narrative which provides
- a description of the technology being used;
- A description of how the nominee has incorporated the technology into courses, including specific examples of new ways in which the technology is applied;
- An explanation of how the use of this technology has led to greater student engagement and/or improved student learning;
- An explanation of how improved student engagement or improved student learning bolsters the department or the college or the university or the community;
- An explanation of how the particular use of this technology can be readily sustained and replicated in other courses;
- A review of why the nominee should receive this award.
- A letter of support from the head of the nominee's academic unit.
- A letter of support from a student articulating how this particular application of technology affected the student's learning.
- A statement of agreement that the award winner will conduct a CET&L workshop (or workshop series) in order to help guide other faculty members as they improve their use of technology in teaching and learning in similarly innovative and effective ways.
The “Innovative Uses of Technology in Teaching Award” Committee will notify nominees no later than Feb. 15, 2014 and the awardee will be recognized at Faculty Awards Celebration scheduled for April 2014.