CINCINNATI, Sept. 24, 2009 – A public campaign launch, reaching the halfway point in a $1 billion campaign, and a record-breaking faculty/staff campaign were highlights of a fundraising report given by Jeff Williams, chair of the Board of Trustees of The University of Cincinnati Foundation, as he presented his 2009 update to the University of Cincinnati Board of Trustees at its meeting on Sept. 22.
The University of Cincinnati raised more than $91 million in private support for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2009—its second most successful fundraising year since the Proudly Cincinnati Campaign began.
“We are very proud of these numbers,” said Williams. “While it’s impossible to predict what the future holds, we believe they keep us on track to reach Proudly Cincinnati’s ambitious $1-billion goal by June 30, 2013.”
The Proudly Cincinnati campaign had a number of highlights this year.
- A successful public launch last October, where UC celebrated an increased campaign goal of $1 billion and more than $463 million in gifts already received.
- Regional launches in New York City, Chicago and Washington DC, which resulted in increased exposure for the Campaign and significant commitments from those areas.
- The achievement of the Campaign’s halfway mark in June commemorated with a surprise ceremony June 22, where a UC staff member was honored for making the gift that pushed Proudly Cincinnati past the $500 million mark. As of Aug. 31, the Campaign had raised $520,665,126.
- Record-breaking results in this year’s faculty/staff campaign: a 22% increase in the number of donors and more than $1.3 million more raised than last year.
The University of Cincinnati received donations from more than 32,000 donors in the last fiscal year, an increase of 4 percent over the previous year.
- The online Report Card is available at:
http://www.uc.edu/president/priorities/reportcard.html (click on the words “September 2009 Update")
About the University of Cincinnati
The University of Cincinnati is one of the region's largest employers, and is ranked by the National Science Foundation among the top 20 public research universities in the United States. Featuring a near-record enrollment of 38,700 students, including 6,000 freshmen – the largest and most academically-talented incoming class in its 190-year history – UC continues to embrace core principles of diversity and access to higher education while providing a top-notch environment for teaching, learning and research.
About Proudly Cincinnati
Proudly Cincinnati: Tower of Strength, Rock of Truth is the University’s most ambitious campaign in history, supporting the vision for UC to become the finest urban research university in the United States. Proudly Cincinnati’s goal is to raise $1 billion by 2013. To date, more than $500,000,000 has been raised for scholarships, innovative teaching and groundbreaking research. For more information about the Proudly Cincinnati campaign, visit www.proudlycincinnati.org.