Alpha Lambda Delta
Alpha Lambda Delta is an honor society for students who have maintained a 3.5 or higher GPA and are in the top 20% of their class during their first year or term of higher education.
UC’s chapter of the Alpha Lamba Delta First Year Honors Society (ALD) is now recruiting eligible students for membership in the chapter. Full time first year UC students who have earned a 3.5 or above GPA are eligible for membership and have recently received an invitation via e-mail. Lifetime membership is only $65.
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
- Information Session February 18, CRC 3220, 7pm-9pm
- Application Deadline February 25
- Initiation Ceremony March 14
The University of Cincinnati Chapter of Alpha Lamba Delta Honors Society for First Year Students was recognized by the national ALD office as a 2012 Delta Chapter Award Winner. The UC ALD Chapter inducted 238 students in 2012 - a 51% increase from the previous year. Jessica McGroarty served as the 2011-2012 chapter president and Ella Koachway served as VP of the chapter. For 2012-2013 Ella Koachway is serving as the UC ALD Chapter president and Samantha Marita as the VP.
- You must have a 3.5 or higher Grade Point Average (on a 4.0-point scale), or the equivalent, and you must be in the top 20% of your class during your first term or your first year of study at an institution of higher education.
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student pursuing a baccalaureate (Bachelor's) degree.
- Freshman transfer students from institutions that do not have an Alpha Lambda Delta chapter, to be eligible for membership, must have the required Alpha Lambda Delta grade point average on the courses taken during the first full curricular period in the institution to which they transfer. In addition, the cumulative average of the grades of the student's transfer credits combined with the grades in the institution in which the student is currently enrolled must equal the Alpha Lambda Delta academic grade requirement.
Detailed information on ALD can be found at the national web site at www.nationalald.org.
UC’s ALD Chapter was recognized by the national ALD organization as a Delta Chapter Award Winner for 2012. The benefits of joining ALD include:
- Formal recognition of academic excellence by a historic national organization with 850,000 life time members
- Great addition to an emerging resume
- Opportunity to compete for ALD scholarships
- Leadership and service opportunities within UC’s ALD chapter (including lots of opportunities to earn Cincinnatus hours)