The purpose of Fraternity and Sorority Life is leadership development. At the University of Cincinnati, we help students find their niche at a large, urban unviersity of over 40,000 students—25,000 students alone at the main, Uptown campus.
- To find the fraternity or sorority that's right for you, check out Current Fraternities and Sororities and Go Greek!
- History includes a link to a UC Libraries Archives and Rare Books exhibit about our community
- Check out Honor Societies, Inter-Greek Council, and Greek Affairs Alumni Council to learn about more than just the individual fraternities and sororities
Hundreds of men and women graduate from UC each year with a richer experience as a result of Fraternity and Sorority Life. For many students, the fraternity and sorority community is their home away from home. Fraternity and Sorority Life builds lifelong friendships, and instills a sense of pride and commitment to our alma mater.
Fraternity and Sorority Life at a glance:
- Since 1840
- 37 fraternities and sororities,
- 3 Fraternity and Sorority Life-specific honor societies, and
- 3 governing councils, for a total of…
- 44 student organizations that represent…
- Approx. 2,500 students; this is approx. 10% of the total full-time undergraduate student population at the Uptown, Blue Ash, and Clermont campuses
Last year, Fraternity and Sorority Life…
- Raised $55,373 for the American Cancer Society during Greek Week
- Volunteered over 30,000 community service hours and raised over $100,000 for other philanthropies
- Had nearly 700 programs and events
- Welcomed 2 new fraternities and sororities and grew over 15% in total members
- Attained a 3.217 All-Greek GPA, exceeding the All-University average