List of Music / Dance Teachers:
Given below is the list of classical music/dance teachers registered with SABHA. If you want to add your information or for any changes to the below mentioned information, please email us.
firstname : Partha
lastname : Sreenivasan
age : 35
sex : Male
email : email@example.com
phone : 513 754 0815
street_address : 5666 Cherrywood Ct
city_address : Mason
zip : OH-45040
can teach : Carnatic Music - Flute
Sri Lakshminarasimha Iyengar, Ramanathapuram Sri. C S Shankarasivan
Partha Sreenivasan started learning flute at the age of 10 under the tutelage of Shri Lakshminarasimha Iyengar. Partha gave his first concert at the age of 14 at the Satguru Sangeetha Samajam in Madurai. He continued with advanced training from "Madura Kala Praveena" Ramanathapuram Shri C. S. Shankarasivan (a disciple of Harikesanallur Muthiah Bhagavathar and guru of “Sangeetha Kalanidhi” Madurai T. N. Sheshagopalan) and then from Shri V. K. Raman (disciple of Dr. N. Ramani). Partha has given several concerts, performed for musical albums and dance arangetrams in the US. Partha is currently living in Mason, OH and teaches this divine art form to students.
firstname : balu
lastname : sekar
age : 51
sex : Male
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
phone : 513 874 7902
street_address : 5918 Hazeltine Ct
city_address : westchester
zip : OH-45069
can teach : Karnatik Music
guru_name : thankavur S. Kalyanaraman
Bio-data of Dr. Balu Sekar
Dr. Balu Sekar had the earlier training in music during his school years from the Late Tiruvarur Sri. S. Sethuraman. Subsequently, he underwent advanced training from Late Thanjavur S. Kalyanaraman during his college and post- graduate studies at I.I.T Madras and accompanied Mr. S. Kalyanaraman as a back singer in many concerts. He worked in National Aeronautical Laboratory at Bangalore as a scientist for two years, during which he took additional training from Smt. Vallabham Kalyanasundaram (sister of Mayuram Sri. Viswanatha Sastry, composer) and from Mrs. Jambu Kannan. He left for U.S.A in 1977 in pursuit of his doctorate in Aerospace Engineering.
Since then, he is living in U.S.A with different assignments, first in NASA and currently in U.S. Air Force as a senior scientist. During all these period, ever since his stay at U.S.A, DR. Balu Sekar, in spite of his strenuous official duties continues to evince keen interest in carnatic music by regular practices, giving concerts at U.S.A Hindu temples at various cities, imparting to the children of Indian Origin, tuition in carnatic music and widening his base of musical acumen, by contacts with eminent artists, who happen to visit U.S.A at different periods of time. In 1996 Music Festival at Madras, Dr. Balu Sekar obtained an Award as the Best Afternoon Male Singer from Indian Fine Arts Society.
Every year in recent times, Balu goes to Madras, during the music season with a view to offering a number of concerts whenever admitted, apart from developing further talents. In 1996 1997 and 1998 and 2000 and 2001 music festival at Madras, Dr. Balu Sekar gave a number of concerts in various music sabhas and as well in various religious mutts, (Kancheepuram Shankara Matam, Ahobila Matam, Srirangam Manavala Mamunigal Mutt, Kalyan nagar Iyyappa festival, Sri Bodendral mutt at Govinda puram. Tiruvisanallur, marudanallur sadguru swamigal adhishanam and Sri Ramana Ashramam at Tiruvannamalai).
firstname : Jyoti
lastname : Hegde
age : 41
sex : Female
email : email@example.com
phone : (513)791-0210
street_address : 9030 Ambercreek Dr
city_address : Cincinnati, Oh
zip : 45236
can teach : Bharatha Natyam & Kuchipudi.
guru_name : Rajarajeshwari Bharatha Natya Kala Mandir
biography : Dear Sir/Madam,
I have been trained in Bharatha Natyam under Rajarajeshwari Bharatha Natya Kala Mandir. I also had the good fortune to train under Smt Vyajanthimala Bali & later learnt Kuchipudi under Kalai Vani Nritya Mandal. I have given many performances both in India & the US. I have been teaching classical dance in Cincinnati for over 20 yrs. I have also choreographed numerous dance dramas & folk dances for the local Indian communities. Most of my choreographies have won competitions at both regional & national levels.
Thanks, Jyoti Hegde.
firstname : Padma
lastname : Chebrolu
age : 30+
sex : Female
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
phone : 227-9612
street_address : 9462 Hopewell Rd
city_address : Cincinnati
zip : OH
homepage : http://www.culturalcentreofindia.com
can teach : Bharata Natyam, Kuchipudi, Andhra Natyam, Mohino Attam, Kathak, Folk, Movie
guru_name : Dr. Uma Rama Rao
biography : Achievements in the filed of Dance:
· President and Artistic Director of Cultural Centre of India which offers classes, workshops and performances in dances of India all over United States. Owns a professional dance studio that is regularly attended by many students all ethnic backgrounds.
· Board member of Ohio Dance organization, it is sponsored by Ohio Arts Council – a state agency that support the arts in the state of Ohio.
· Member of Artist on Tour for Cincinnati Arts Organization (CAA) is a non-profit organization that oversees the programming and management of three of the Tri-state's finest performing arts venues and is dedicated to supporting performing and visual arts and fostering their appreciation.
· Nominated for Ohio Arts Council for Individual Artist award for achievements in the filed of dance and dance education.
· Produced and released a 60 minutes instructional dance video, Dances of India – Learning Bharata Natyam. This is one of the best selling videos on the internet. Featured in Dance Teacher magazine for creating such a unique dance education resource.
· Guest professor at University of Cincinnati, Ohio University, Wright State University and Sinclair Colleges’ dance departments.
· Conducting Arangetrams with live orchestra for students in Bharata Natyam, Kuchipudi and Andhra Natyam dance styles in USA.
· Established a professional dance company to provide high quality performances at formal government and non-government events, temple celebrations and charity events.
· Performed at several TV stations and featured in many newspapers.
· Started learning dance at the age of three and did Arangetram at the age of 11 in Bharata Natyam dance style.
· Created a website to reach the community; http://www.culturalcentreofindia.com
· Regular writer of dance articles and interviews which are published in http://narthaki.com website.
Padma has MBA from Xavier Univ, M.Ed from Univ. of Cincinnati and a degree in
Bharata Natyam from India. Padma works at Procter & Gamble in the IT department.
firstname : Vasudevan
lastname : Namboodiri
sex : Male
email : email@example.com
phone : 513-487-2700
street_address : 605-lowell ave, apt. 11
city_address : cincinnati
zip : 45220
can teach : Mrudangam
guru_name : Trichur C. Narendran, Palaghat Rajamoni, Prof. K. Velukutty Nair
15 years of experience and have accopanied many A-grade artists in India and USA
firstname : Vishalakshi
lastname : Subramanian
age : 26
sex : Female
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
phone : 513-753-0174
street_address : 4358 Long Lake Dr.#2207
city_address : Batavia,OH
zip : 45103
can teach : Classical Carnatic Music & Light Music
guru_name : Ms.Jaya
biography : I started learning classical carnatic music at the age of 3 under the able guidance of Ms.Jaya popularly known as "Jaya Bhagya Sisters " associated with the Karnataka College of Percussion run by Sri. T.A.S Mani & Smt. Rama Mani.
I ventured into Devotional and Light Classical Music comprising of Bhavageethe's Devarnamas etc under the guidance of a prominent AIR Artist Sri.K.Prabhakar.
firstname : Rossana
lastname : Bandyopadhyay
age : 26yrs 10months
sex : Female
email : email@example.com
phone : (513) 336 8401
street_address : 4250 South Shore Dr.
city_address : Mason
zip : 45040
can teach : Kathak (North Indian Classical Dance Form)
guru_name : Guru Bandana Sen
biography : Rossana belongs to the breed of young emerging dancers. Graceful and gifted, she is a classicist in the field of Kathak. Born of a very cultured and educated family, she spent her formative years in Nigeria where she had her early years of training in Bharatnatyam from a well renowned dancer, Shrimati Priyadarshini, Nigeria. Later she became fortunate enough to get guidance in the North Indian Form of classical dance – Kathak, under the direct tutelage of Legendary Maestro, ‘Nritya Siromoni’, Guru Bandana Sen, for many years. She specialized in the Lucknow style of Kathak graduating with top honors and distinction from the prestigious National Institute, The Nikhil Bharat Sangeet Parishad, Calcutta, India.
Besides giving innumerable solo performances in India and abroad, she has also participated in dance competitions and won a lot of awards and media acclaim. Some of her other achievements include; participation as a Kathak dancer in the legendary Tagore play ‘Khudita Pashan’ under the banner of a renowned troupe led by Debraj Roy (a well known dignitary in the Bengali Film/Theatre world). Known for her skillful footwork and imaginative recitals, her dance is illuminating and captivating.
Rossana presently resides in Cincinnati, OH (USA) where she continues to perform in various occasions. To name a few; her solo Kathak recital in Cincinnati for Agrani (a Bengali organization), her performance in Bangamela 2001 in St. Louis (a Mid American Bengali Association) and Rossana’s participation in the Asian-American Heritage celebration at the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) are some of them. She also maintains her link with the Indian cultural society by giving performances there, her latest solo Kathak recital being on the 17th Annual Convocation of Nikhil Bharat Sangeet Samiti, India.
She is also a choreographer and a teacher of Kathak. For the awareness and development of Kathak dance, she is conducting her own dance school, “Kathanauki School of Dance” in Cincinnati, OH.
Rossana also received training in North Indian classical vocal music. She’s a First Class Engineering graduate specialized in Computer Science and belongs to a new breed of young professionals who are deeply committed to the art they practice and the profession they have chosen striving to achieve excellence in both.
firstname : PHANI
lastname : SEN
age : 36
sex : Female
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
phone : 513-469-1966
street_address : 8495, FIELDS ERTEL ROAD
city_address : CINCINNATI
zip : 45249
can teach : Dance & Music
guru_name : Smt.Kalyani Shekhar & Smt.Uma Rama Rao
biography : BIO-DATA
JAYANTI PHANI SEN
MAJOR PERFORMANCES -
* YUVA SANGEET NRITYA MAHOTSAV,Nagpur & Dharwad, Organised by SOUTH CENTRAL ZONE CULTURAL CENTRE,NAGPUR.
* First International Youth Festival,MACAU,1987
* Second International Festival Of Dance Academies, HONG KONG,1987.
* 24th Kal-ke-kalakar Sangeet Sammelan,Bombay
* Haridas Sammelan,honoured with the title "SHRINGAR-MANI" in 1989.
* ARAMBH FESTIVAL,at BHARAT BHAWAN,BHOPAL under the banner of South Central Zone Cultural Centre,NAGPUR.
* Performed at Sangeet Nritya Parangat-Mahotsav at Visakhapatnam,Vijayanagaram,Srikakulam & Vijayawada.
* Festival of Centre for Cultural Resources and Training,New-Delhi.
* Cultural Festival,Organised by the International Telugu Institute of HYDERABAD.
* Participated in National Seminar on "Kuchipudi Dance Concerns and Future Projections" Hyderabad 1998.
* Invited to perform,under the banner of the Department of Cultural and Tourism Development and the South Central Zone Cultural Centre,at Hyderabad and presented a paper on the topic "Popularising Kuchipudi Dance:Spread,Ways & Means".
* Performed on the occassion of the concluding day of the workshop on TEMPLE DANCE under Guru Sri Acharya OF DARPANA,AHMEDABAD & by the Dept of Cultural Affairs,AndhraPradesh.
* Exclusive recitals telecasted on Hyderabad Doordarshan.
* Given many shows for charity under the aegis of THE LIONS CLUB in various cities of Eastern and Northern India.
* Holds Master's degree in Kuchipudi Dance from Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University ,Hyderabad.
8495 FIELDS ERTEL ROAD
OHIO - 45249
Phone # - (513)469 - 1966
E-mail - email@example.com
firstname : Kanniks
lastname : Kannikeswaran
age : 41
sex : Male
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
phone : 754 0426
street_address : 5558 Red Fox Ct
city_address : Mason
zip : 45040
homepage : www.templenet.com/Press/kanniks.html
can teach : Indian Classical Music
guru_name : Guruguha Gaana Vidyalaya
biography : Kanniks Kannikeswaran is a musician, composer and Indologist with several music recordings and productions to his credit.
As a musician, Kanniks has collaborated with leading artistes from around the world. His work The Snake Concerto (1999) was performed by the prestigious Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, conducted by John Morris Russell. His score for Jeevan Taal (produced by Mallika Sarabhai - for Mahotsav 1999), based on several Indian folk music traditions was choreographed by Mrinalini Sarabhai, one of the foremost exponents of classical and modern Indian dance, and has received wide acclaim from the Indian press.
In 1998, Kanniks composed The Cosmic Dance Halls, a musical feature celebrating the five revered Dance Hall temples of Shiva Nataraja. This work weaves the legends around the five dance halls in a musical framework based on south indian classical music, and it draws selectively from the tamil hymns of the Nayanmar saints of the 1st millennium CE. The Cosmic Dance Halls was choreographed by Kalaimamani Saraswathi Sundaresan and was performed at the Patteeswarar temple at Coimbatore during the Natyanjali festival in 1998.
Kanniks' album Tiruvarangam (1992) explores the Prabandam hymns of the Alwars of the 1st millennium CE (celebrating the glory of Srirangam in Tamilnadu) in a contemporary idiom, and has been acclaimed widely.
In 1996, Kanniks composed and directed The Blue Jewel, a musical salutation to the planet Earth, bringing together a wide range of artistes to celebrate the message of interconnectedness of life on earth. The Blue Jewel received acclaim from critics and community leaders alike in Cincinnati, and was performed again in 1997 and in 1999.
Kanniks is also the founder and director of the Cincinnati Indian community choir, whose debut performance 'Surya' was hosted by St. Johns Unitarian Church, Cincinnati in December 2002.
Kanniks has lectured extensively on Indian culture and has offered music workshops at several educational institutions and cultural organizations. He also teaches Indian Music at the College Conservatory of Music, University of Cincinnati. Kanniks offers private lessons in 'Raaga Vidya' those interested in strengthening their skills in Indian classical music.
zip : 45211
homepage : www.cdbaby.com/indusred
can teach : tabla
guru_name : Ustad Allah Rakkha Khan / Yogesh Samsi
biography :Jim began his musical training on the drumset at the age of 11. After pursuing Jazz and Fusion music his world was turned upside down when he delved into Indian Classical Music and the art of Tabla. Since 1990 Jim has been consumed by this art form.
He has traveled to India several times to learn Tabla from Ustad Allah Rakka, and Vibhav Nageshkar. He is currently under the tutelage of Yogesh Samsi. He has studied stateside from Sukvinder Singh Namdhari, Samir Chatterji, Naren Desai, and a handful of other notable players.
Jim has been recorded on albums by composer Kanniks Kannikeswaran for two all India releases, and the group he co-founded Mohenjo Daro ( Tandem Records ) .His highly sought after solo album "Indus Red" has caught the attention of many music critics. He has performed with the "Chapman stick" artist Greg Howard (Dave Matthews Collaborator )and Ashiq Khan where he performed in Rajasthan India. He has performed with the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra on several occassions, and at the Montreal Jazz-Festival with Mohenjo Daro.
Jim has also accompanied Budhadeav das Gupta, Anupama Sharma, Rajeshree Ghosh, Manu Srivastava and many other Indian classicists who travel through and near the mid-west.