When it comes to registering for classes, there are three things to know:
- Students are required to take Gateway to University Honors (HNRS1010) in fall semester of your first year.
- Students should register for the course in the fall semester. If your schedule does not permit to include this class, please contact a University Honors academic advisor during or immediately following your orientation session to discuss your options.
- Sections will only be offered in the fall semester.
- Gateway to University Honors does NOT carry a fee. If students are taking the maximum number of credit hours (18) as a full-time student, students can still add the course without being charged additional tuition fees. Special permission by the student's primary college is needed to take 19 credit hours in this situation.
- Students may begin to take honors seminars in the fall semester (View seminar offerings in the fall semester). Most honors seminars can fulfill a general education requirement, and all honors seminars will fulfill an honors experience.
- Please contact your University Honors academic advisor with questions about University Honors Program requirements during or after registration.
Come to the University Honors Session at Bearcat Bound Orientation!
Students and parents/guests have an opportunity to meet University Honors Program staff members during Day One of Bearcat Bound Orientation. Our session will be 7:45- 8:45 a.m. in the TUC Cinema. This is a good opportunity for you to learn about:
- Events especially for first-year honors students
- Expectations & requirements of honors students at UC
- Honors seminars & experiences
Our office in 700 Swift Hall is open until 5:00 p.m. Please feel free to stop by to say hello, especially if students and/or their parents/guests are unable to attend the University Honors session during their time at Bearcat Bound Orientation.
Before your registered orientation date, the University Honors Program will be sending an e-mail message (to your UC e-mail address) reminding you about the University Honors session and referring you to the registration handout we will be explaining at the session.
NOTE: For the June 13-14 session for the College-Conservatory of Music, there will not be a University Honors presentation. However, a University Honors academic advisor will be available during academic advising and registration to meet and consult.