Gateway to University Honors (HNRS1010) is a one-credit hour course that all University Honors students are required to take during their first semester of their freshman year. Transition students will complete this course the semester they join the program.
Gateway to University Honors provides students with the opportunity to understand what it means to be a member of the University Honors Program and the requirements and benefits of their participation. Through a series of reflective assignments and discussions, students will begin to explore how they want to make the most of their time at the University of Cincinnati and beyond.
Through a series of activities, assignments, and discussions, students who actively participate in this course will:
- Understand the requirements and benefits of participation in the University Honors Program
- Evaluate personal goals and interests related to the four University Honors Program thematic areas
- Explore the value of reflection and engage in the reflection process
- Develop relationships with members of the University Honors Program community
Gateway to University Honors (HNRS1010) does NOT carry a fee for full-time students. If the student is taking the maximum number of credit hours (18), s/he can still enroll in this class without being charged additional tuition fees. Students who are already at 18 credit hours must receive authorization from their college academic advisor to register for the 19th credit hour. Please contact your college advising office to find out how to receive this authorization.
Each Gateway to University Honors course instructor will maintain an individual Blackboard page with course documents and assingment directions. Quick links to some of the websites you will reference throughout the semester are listed here:
- UHP Requirement Chart
- Honors advising
- Learning Portfolios
- Reflection guide
- Choosing and completing an honors experience chart
- Self-designed experience proposal form
- Showcase guide
- Year-in-review guidelines
- Honors grants
Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to connect with honors ambassadors.