- You are given a key and Bearcat Card at check-in. Your key is entry to your room, while your card provides swipe access to the building, as well as meals in the Dining Center and Campus Recreation Center (if applicable.) You are given a separate pass to use in the parking garages if you purchased parking privileges. Guests staying in the University Park Apartments will receive a proximity card, which serves as a room key and access to the building.
- To accommodate your needs, community style restrooms are cleaned during the early morning hours on Monday-Friday. You will need to go to a restroom on another floor while cleaning is happening. On the weekends, light housekeeping of the bathrooms is done that includes trash pulling. Guests staying in suite style rooms for more than 3 weeks will be provided with a scheduled restroom service. University Park Apartments and Stratford Heights do not receive cleaning service due to the nature of the facilities. The cleaning schedule is available below.
- Linen packages are available for rental. Each linen package includes a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, pillowcase, towel, washcloth, blanket and pillow. Guests who are here longer than one week and looking to exchange linens will bring used linen sets (except pillow) to the desk before 9AM on Monday. Linens will be available to be picked up between 1-3 PM at the front desk.
- There is always someone working at the front desk or on duty while conference guests are staying with us. Please see the hall contact page for further information.
University of Cincinnati Welcomes Conferences & Camps
The University of Cincinnati is a location-of-choice for many summer camps and conferences. The information below will give you an overview of what to expect during a summer stay in one of our residence hall communities. Let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience.
What is provided for your stay in the residence halls? Expand
What are the rules/regulations in the halls? Expand
What do I do in case of emergency? Expand
- The University of Cincinnati Police Department (UCPD) can be reached at 513-556-1111 in case of an emergency needing response from police, fire or medical personnel. Call this number instead of 911 on your cell phone on campus to avoid being sent to another jurisdiction.
- In case of a fire or other emergency requiring evacuation, leave the building in a calm, orderly fashion. In case a weather emergency is spotted in the area, proceed to a safe location in your hall located at marked areas and stairwells and hallways with no windows.
- Notify the front desk staff, as soon as possible if an issue arises that impacts your stay with us. You may be asked to submit an incident report.
What should I know about safety? Expand
- Campus visitors are strongly encouraged to travel in groups, particularly during the evening hours. Pay attention to your surroundings at all times.
- Guests are encouraged to keep their doors locked at all times, even when going down the hall to use the restroom.
- Always lock your bike and attach it to a bike rack. U-locks are recommended over cable locks. Lock bikes through the tire as tightly as possible.
Summer 2018 Restroom Service Schedule
The restroom service schedule will be set based on occupancy needs for summer 2018 conferencing. Check back in the summer for the exact dates.
Please prepare your room for restroom cleaning by doing the following:
- Remove Rugs
- Remove all personal items from sink, floor, and shower area
- Unplug and/or remove electrical items
- Remove breakable items
- Trash will only be removed from UC issued trash can in shared/common area
Toilet paper is provided.
Conference guests and staff can use the incident report to document concerns. See the University of Cincinnati Notice of Non-Discrimination to learn more about reporting instances of discrimination, harassment or retalition.