Benefits & Employee Wellness
Benefits are a part of your total compensation at UC
UC's benefits package includes medical and dental coverage, as well as Long-Term Disability, Employee and Dependent Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long-Term Care Insurance. You can also save for your future by contributing to the university's supplemental retirement plans. Below you will find helpful links to the university's benefits plans, benefits summaries, as well as information about employee discounts, retirement savings, and much more.
UC Health and UC Physicians Partnership
Applicable to all employees covered under a UC medical plan
UC Health and University of Cincinnati Physicians (UCP) are pleased to continue their partnership with the University of Cincinnati (UC) and its employees. UC employees and their dependents enrolled in a Humana medical plan will receive 50 percent office visit co-pay reduction when seeing UCP physicians.
UCP is the Cincinnati area’s largest group of board-certified physicians with over 700 physicians practicing in every medical and surgical specialty.
A listing of UCP physicians eligible for the co-pay reduction is available on www.uchealth.com/associates/ucp.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Benefits Department at 513-556-6381.
Use the navigation to the left of this page to link to broader Benefits categories.
STRS and OPERS Resources
STRS Member Resources
STRS members can log onto the STRS website and find information about webinars covering recent STRS changes. The following link provides dates and instructions for registering: https://www.strsoh.org/resources/2.html. Meetings are scheduled around the state.
The webinars are a convenient way to receive information and stay current on STRS changes. The webinars are held from 5-6pm and the STRS member must register by 4:30pm on the day of the session.
OPERS Member Resources
OPERS members can log onto the OPERS website and find information about webinars covering recent OPERS changes. The following link provides a linked to archived webinars: https://www.opers.org
The webinars are a convenient way to receive information and stay current on OPERS changes.
- Alternative Retirement Plan
- Benefit Plans Available to UC Employees
- Available Benefit Plans
- Eligibility Defined
- Qualified Status Changes
- When Coverage Ends
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Accident Plan (Unum)
- Group Critical Illness Plan (Unum)
- Group Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Adult Child Coverage - Health Care Reform
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Dependent Eligibility
- EyeMed Vision Discount Program
- Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Option (required notice 2014 for benefits eligible employees)
- Health Plan Summary Plan Descriptions
- 2014 Coverage First - AAUP, ONA
- 2014 HMO - AAUP
- 2014 HMO - ONA
- 2013 First 1000 – AAUP, FOP-D, ONA
- 2013 First 1000 – Unrepresented, SEIU, FOP-SO, FOP-LE
- 2013 HMO – AAUP Represented Faculty
- 2013 HMO – AFSCME, IUOE, ONA, FOP-D
- 2013 HMO – Unrepresented, SEIU, FOP-SO, FOP-LE
- 2013 POS – AAUP, AFSCME, IUOE, ONA, FOP-D
- 2013 POS – Unrepresented, SEIU, FOP-SO, FOP-LE
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Preventive Care Services
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Women's Healthcare Drug List
- Women's Health and Cancer Rights Notice
- Leave of Absence Information
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Premiums for Coverage (Rates)
- Retirement Plan Information
- Rowe Loan
- Supplemental Retirement Programs
- Travel Assistances Plan
- Tuition Remission
- Walk-to-Work Loan
- Vision Coverage
Environmental Health and Safety Advisory 12.2 outlines the work-related injury process and can be found on the University Health Services (UHS) website. Refer to the UHS website for instructions and information.
- Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation Website
- On-the-Job Injury/Illness Process
- University Health Services
If this is a medical emergency, however, call 911.
If you need additional information on Workers' Compensation, contact UC Benefits at 513-556-6381.