Be Well UC is excited to provide telephonic health coaching. You will be meeting with Ashley Varol, our Wellness Coordinator, who is also a Certified Health Coach, Certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor and PhD in Health Promotion & Education. Please read through the below information which explains what you can expect in this initial appointment and how best to prepare to make the most of your time with your coach.
What is health coaching (and what it isn't)
- Health coaching is an opportunity to discuss behavior change, physical activity and nutrition based on your personal needs, interests and health status. Health coaches serve as mentors and guide to help facilitate awareness of adjustments or modifcations to lifestyles that can result in healthy outcomes. Your health coach will ask questions to learn more about you to help you decide what is best for your life.
- Health coaching does not replace the advice provided to you by your regular health care providers, but rather serves as a supplement. Health coaches are not able diagnose health conditions or prescribe medications.
- Please note - everything discussed with your health coach will be kept confidential.
What can I discuss with the health coach?
Be Well UC Health Coaching will offer an opportunity to talk with a professional coach to discuss:
- Any follow up questions about the Personal Risk Report generated on the Asset Health portal (The Personal Risk Report can be found by logging into the portal, clicking on Health Measures, scrolling to the bottom and clicking on the link).
- Revisiting or setting health and wellness goals.
- Talking through challenges faced and strategies to assist with working toward health and wellness goals.
- Specific questions about Be Well UC and reaching Step 2.
How to prepare for your appointment
- To prepare for your appointment, we'd like to set aside a few minutes to do some pre-work to help you get the most out of your session, and so that you and your coach can stay on track, use your time wisely and help you set and ultimately reach your goals.
Scheduling your appointment
Once you have had a chance to do the prework recommended above, you are ready to schedule your appointment.
- Sign-Up Genius, a free online scheduling tool, will be used to fill appointments. You do not need to create an account to schedule yours - simply sign in as a guest.
- If you do not see an appointment time that fits your schedule, we recommend you check back, or reach out to Ashley.Varol@uc.edu to determine alternative times that may work.
- All appointments are 30 minutes in length. If additional time is needed, a follow-up call can be scheduled.
- Choose an appintment time:
Thanks for your interest in this new program offering from Be Well UC. If you have any questions prior to your appointment, please contact Ashley.Varol@uc.edu.
Haven't yet started participating in Be Well UC?
It's not too late to get started! Here are a few recommendations for learning more about the program.
- Visit the FAQ page to learn more about eligibility or to have questions answered that you may have.
- The portal page has a quick start guide and walks you through the features available on the Asset Health portal.
- Visit the Step 1 page to learn more about the initial activities involved with be well uc.
- The incentive page outlines everything available to earn Step 2 points.
- Visit this page to learn more about how to track your points and ideas for getting to 240!
Still have questions? Contact Us to reach out to the Be Well UC team.