The University of Cincinnati’s Office of Equal Opportunity and Access has developed several workshops and seminars to inform staff, faculty and students about issues such as diversity, sexual harassment, equal opportunity, teamwork and communications. Ranging in length from one to four hours, each workshop or seminar can be customized to meet the needs of any specific group or organization.
For more information or to schedule a workshop or seminar
- Contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 513-556-5503 to discuss how we can help you.
Current topics include:
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Reviews the laws and our responsibility for its implementation.
- Explains physical and mental disabilities.
- Identifies who is protected by the ADA.
- Highlights the relationship of the ADA and employment practices.
- Defines reasonable accommodations.
- Highlights the importance of valuing and managing workplace diversity.
- Explains how changing demographics impact today’s workplace.
- Illustrates the connection between diversity and successful organizations.
- Shows how to create a workplace where people of all cultural backgrounds can succeed.
- Identifies personal attitudes and behaviors toward differences.
- Recognizes how individual differences influence personal and business interactions.
- Determines steps organizations and groups can take to create a more inclusive, respectful and productive workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action (EEO/AA)
- Debunks myths about EEO/AA.
- Increases employee knowledge of the issues and responsibilities concerning EEO/AA.
- Provides a working knowledge of current laws.
- Defines terms associated with EEO/AA.
- Clarifies differences between “goals” and “quotas”
- Creates the awareness that sexual harassment exists and can be prevented.
- Defines sexual harassment.
- Describes why sexual harassment is a problem.
- Profiles a typical victim and a typical harasser.
- Demonstrates what to do if you experience sexual harassment.