New Hires Toolkit
Welcome to the University of Cincinnati!
Congratulations! We're glad you chose UC. You've joined the university at an exciting time. We have everything it takes to be a top 25 public research university - talented faculty, great staff and promising students.
Successful completion of the New Hire Forms process will result in your data being entered in UC's HR/payroll system and enable us to provide you with your ID, computer access and your first scheduled paycheck.
New Hire HR Compliance Training
As part of our commitment to a safe and welcoming workplace, we are committed to providing Anti-Harassment and Discrimination Training on an on-going basis to all new hires. Review the related policy.
Faculty New Hires
The New Hire Checklist (faculty) has been prepared to assist you. New faculty orientation sessions are conducted individually and/or by the hiring department.
View these eLearning presentations to learn more about your faculty benefits:
- AAUP New Hire Benefit Overview (excluding Retirement Plans)
- Faculty New Hire Retirement Plan Overview
Staff New Hires
If you are filling a STAFF position, you will be invited to attend an orientation session on your first day of employment.
- New Hire Checklist (Staff)
- Orientation - Inclement Weather/Emergency Closing
- Visit this eLearning presentation to learn more about your staff benefits
- Staff New Hire Benefit Overview (excluding Retirement Plans)
International New Hires
If you are an international new hire you must report to the University of Cincinnati International Services Office (ISSO) prior to your first day of employment. The ISSO is located on UC's main campus at 3134 Edwards One Cincinnati, Ohio 45221, Phone: 513-556-4278. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8am – 5pm. Please contact them to schedule an appointment. You will not be permitted to start work until you have visited the ISSO office. The ISSO will assist you in processing your compliance documents.
- Auditor of State Fraud Reporting System Information Acknowledgement
- Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification (new hires must complete Form I-9 via E-Verify) - (E-Verify effective July 1, 2012)
- Statement Concerning a Job Not Covered by Social Security - Form SSA 1945 (STRS) (Faculty)
- Statement Concerning a Job Not Covered by Social Security - Form SSA 1945 (OPERS) (Staff, Student)
- Ohio Ethics Law and Related Statutes Acknowledgment
- Ohio Ethics Law and Related Statutes Acknowledgment Outline
- OPERS F-3 Request for Optional Exemption as a Student (Not Required) – (Students Only)
- Benefits Plan Information and Cost
- Benefits Summaries (Select the employee group identified on your offer letter)
- Collective Bargaining
- Employee Self Service (ESS) Access Instructions (ESS available on or after your hire date)
Important Information about your Retirement Plan
Please download the Overview letter to read about your retirement plan options
- Retirement Plan Overview letter
- Retirement Plan Election Form (complete this form to make your retirement plan election) ( Full-time Employees Only)
- Retirement Plan Election DEADLINES for:
- 403(b) and 457 Plan Information
- FAQs - Reporting Allegations of Discrimination or Harassment
- New Hire HR Compliance Training
- USDA Non-Discriminatory Policy
- OAR - Submit Online
- Outside Activity Report (OAR) of Collateral Employment Instructions
- OAR User Manual Training Presentation
(Note: To be used for your information and retention. Please update direct deposits and taxes online using ESS - Employee Self Service)