The President’s Diversity Council sponsors the Marian Spencer Equity Ambassador Award to showcase current campus affiliated individuals and groups whose diversity and inclusion efforts have positively impacted the university.
Students, faculty, and staff can nominate individuals and groups for this award if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Promotes an awareness for equity and inclusion
- Exhibits sensitivity to people of various cultures and equity in opportunity
- Enhances the personal/professional development of colleagues
- Prepares individuals to thrive in a diverse, global workforce
- Collaborates with colleagues to create and implement initiatives and policies that build an equitable, inclusive environment
This award is presented each year to recipients who uphold the values of equity and inclusion in all of their many expressions.
Recipients will receive public recognition for exemplary contributions to equity and inclusion along with a monetary award.
Nominations will be accepted at a later date.
Click here to see past recipients.