NEW! - Faculty-led Study Abroad Block Grant Announcement:
For all faculty-led study abroad courses traveling after July 1, 2013, students will no longer apply for the UC International Grant through our online application. We are now taking a “block grant” approach to all faculty-led study abroad courses and working directly with the faculty leaders to determine grant eligibility for their group and funding amounts. The details for the new process are outlined on this webpage.
If you are not participating in a faculty-led program traveling after July 1, 2013 and would like to apply for the UC International Programs Grant, click here.
What is the latest I can submit my course information in order to be eligible for a block grant?
The deadline for faculty-led course submissions are as follows:
- Traveling Abroad late Summer or Fall 2013: Deadline: May 1, 2013
- Traveling Abroad Spring or Summer 2014: Early Acceptance : June 15, 2013
- Traveling Abroad Spring 2014 (*Travel tied to a spring semester course): Deadline : September 15, 2013
- Traveling Abroad Summer 2014 (* Travel tied to a summer semester course): Deadline: February 15, 2014
What information do I need to submit? When will I know if my group has received a grant and how much?
In order to be eligible for a block grant in the 2013-14 fiscal year, we are asking that each faculty leader submit their course details to UCosmic. Submit your program details here.
It is important that you submit as comprehensive of a budget as possible. Please do not inflate costs but keep costs as realistic as possible. Remember to include any partner institutions and clearly note if courses are being taught by UC faculty or being taught by a foreign institution or both.
In addition to submitting your course details, we ask that you email the following information to Juliet Manto Juliet.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How many students do you expect to participate (enroll and travel) in your study abroad course?
- Please list all Leaders and Co-leaders.
- Do you anticipate any additional travelers with your group, other than a leader, co-leader, and course-enrolled students?
- If you did not submit a draft day-to-day itinerary to UCosmic, please include/attach one (rough drafts are accepted).
- Would you be interested in being a mentor leader to another faculty or staff member? (please see UC International Programs for details).
Grant Outreach Project
As part of the grant award each faculty leader should propose a group or individual “Outreach Project(s)” incorporated into the course requirements. This project must promote study abroad to the UC community in an effort to increase awareness and participation in international programs.
Final Grant Notification
Once we receive notice that you have submitted your course details via UCosmic and you have also replied by email with all of the above information requested, we will work as quickly as possible to determine grant eligibility and the amount of funding.
We look forward to receiving your study abroad course submission!
Questions? Contact Juliet Manto, email@example.com/a>.