During the pre-departure orientation we:
- Orient students to both host country and American security information provided by the U.S. Department of State.
- Speak to students about how to behave abroad, how to maintain a low profile and how to act responsibly.
- Provide faculty directors with emergency procedures. Students have contact information both day and night for UC International staff.
- Collect all pertinent information from students, including their emergency contact, medical and insurance information.
- Require all students to have an International Student Identity Card (ISIC), which provides supplemental medical insurance as well as emergency evacuation for medical cause or repatriation of remains.
- Remind students that while abroad, they represent the University of Cincinnati, and that their actions and behaviors are governed by the UC Student Code of Conduct.