What course(s) should I register for?
The following courses are used to register for your Education Abroad experience. Choose the one reflecting the type of program you are registering for. You must enroll to receive academic credit. While abroad, please send an email to email@example.com indicating the courses you are actually taking abroad and the course descriptions. This helps accelerate the transfer of credit process when you return.
- MLTI5000 International Exchange - This course is for students who are studying abroad on UC exchange programs at particular universities abroad.
- MLTI3000 Study Abroad - This course is for undergraduate students who are studying abroad on external programs, paying tuition and fees to outside universities or program providers.
What should I know about credit transfer?
- The grade awarded at the end of the term is IP (in progress). The grade will change from IP to an “*” asterisk after your transcript is submitted to UC International Programs and the college office has determined the transfer of credit. The Registrar’s office will change the grade from IP to the “*” asterisk grade.
- Register for the total number of credit hours you expect to receive (no more / no less). For a fall semester, you should register for fall quarter (and possibly summer quarter). For the spring semester, you should register the winter and spring quarters.
- The IP grade will automatically convert to an F if the grade is not changed within one year after the initial IP was awarded.