Education Abroad Timeline
Before You Apply:
- Attend a First Timer Info Session
- Research programs using our web site or the catalogs you received from our office.
- Check with UC International Programs about grant opportunities, scholarships, and financial aid.
- Academic Advisors in your college can help you determine how your study abroad course credit will transfer.
- Apply to chosen program and notify your study abroad advisor.
- Notify UC International Programs of acceptance and submit an Academic Advisor Approval Form
- Apply for a UC International Programs Grant or other scholarships
- Register for the appropriate course; MLTI3000/5000, INTR600
- Obtain Passport and visa (if necessary) at www.traveldocs.com
- Schedule a pre-Departure Orientation with the study abroad office
Purchase your ISIC/ITIC card at the study abroad office
- Book Your Flight
- Research health tips at CDC, schedule a doctor's visit for immunizations and a physical
- Research safety and security information at travel.state.gov
- Verify banking information
- Sign up for Direct Deposit - www.onestop.uc.edu
- Verify Health Insurance coverage
- Copy all important documents and passport
- Register with the USDOS at studentsabroad.state.gov
- Register for the appropriate course each quarter you are abroad; 15MLTI500,15MLTI300, or 16INTR600.
- Email your Ed Abroad Advisor often to provide program updates.
After Returning to UC: (1-3 months after return)
- Check with UC International Programs to confirm receipt of your transcript.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to determine course equivalencies and adjust your credit hours.
- Complete Outreach project, submit evaluation, grant report and outreach report (if you received a grant).
- Send in Photos for the April Photo Contest.
- Join SSA, be a Buddy to an international student, volunteer with UC International or attend other returnee events and workshops.