Skip to main content

UC Resources

OneStop Student Services

Many of the things you will need to do as a student can be done online at the OneStop Student Services website. OneStop offers a wealth of online services, including:

  • Registering for classes
  • Viewing class schedule
  • Checking grades
  • Paying bills
  • Requesting a transcript

The office has prepared a document that explains how to find some of the most typical tasks that you may need to do. Take a look on their website.

You can also visit OneStop in University Pavilion to ask in-person questions about finances or class registration. They are open from 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday. 


iBearcatsGlobal is a portal for all international students and scholars to use both before and during their stay in the U.S. It is a website that our office uses to keep track of all of the international students, scholars, and visitors that arrive at the university.

Before you arrive, limited services are available:

  1. Student services like registration for orientation or SEVIS transfer-in.
  2. Initial intake forms for J-1 scholars or H-1B employees.

After you arrive at the university, iBearcatsGlobal can be used to

  1. View and update information on file
  2. Submit electronic form (e-form) requests for travel signatures, reduced course load authorization, program extensions, optional practical training, etc.
  3. Access alerts and notes on file that require action in order to maintain legal status

Getting a University ID Card (Bearcat Card)

Students are required to have a photo identification card for use in the dining halls, libraries, sport facilities, and computer laboratories. ID cards are processed in the Public Safety Office (3 Edwards Center), although you will have an opportunity to have your card printed at Orientation & Check-In. Students need to be registered for classes and have another photo identification (i.e. passport) with them to obtain a UC ID.

UCID's all have an identification number on them called an M# (M number)--there should be the M# followed by 8 numbers. You may be asked to provide your M# to verify your identity when speaking to a UC representative. This helps them pull up your student information so they can better help you.

You can also put money on your Bearcat Card, which you can use for food, laundry, and printing services, among other things. The card is also used for dining hall meal swipes. You can also pair the Bearcat Card with a PNC checking account and use it like a debit card. Check out the Bearcat Card website for more information on the ways you can use your card.

For more information about ID cards, or what to do if yours has been lost or stolen, visit the Office of the Registrar website.

Parking Services

If you are able to drive in the U.S. and a have a car, you can park your car in one of the many garages on campus. However, these services are not free. You will have to select a garage and pay to have parking privileges there.

Once you pay for parking, you can use your UC ID to access the garage you have chosen! You may also inquire about parking in-person in the same building where you receive your UC ID--Four Edwards Center. To learn more about parking options, head to the Parking Services website


Computer & Email Access

Information about how to set up your student email and other computer accounts can be found on the UC Information Technology (UCit) website.

For any problems related to email or computer access, you can always call 513-556-4357.

Computer Labs & Printing

To print at these computer labs, you must have your Bearcat Card/UC ID. There are no exceptions. Students who are currently enrolled are given a print quota of at least 100 black and white copies per quarter. Black and white copies are 7¢ each and color copies are 50¢ each. Once you run out of money, you will need to add money to your Bearcat Card.

Student Groups

There are lots of activities and student groups on campus--get involved! It will be a great way to have fun and enhance your student experience. The University of Cincinnati recognizes over 400 student organizations that support a variety of different interests. These interests range from political/activist, cultural, academic, social and many, many, more!

Some student organizations will post about their meetings on billboards outside of classrooms. If a group looks interesting to you, don't be afraid to head to a meeting! Other organizations rely on CampusLink, which is a resource that lists all of the campus student groups and their contact information.

To access a full list of student organizations at UC and get contact information for their leaders, visit CampusLink.

snow cones 3

Part-Time Jobs at UC

Depending on your visa status, you may be eligible to hold a part-time job while at UC. If you are looking for a part-time job at UC, visit the UC Job Opportunities website to search job postings and apply online. UC participates in E-Verify.