Traveling to Cincinnati
BEFORE YOU LEAVE
- Shop around for airfare, taking note of baggage regulations, price, and other amenities before selecting an airline.
- Purchase a ticket at least one month before you are supposed to arrive in the U.S.
- If you are sponsored by the government or a private organization, communicate your travel arrangements to your sponsors and check in before and after arrival.
- Make sure that your flight schedule allows enough time between connecting flights.
AT THE AIRPORT
- Arrive for your flight at least 3 hours before departure.
- Travel with your passport, visa, and
I-20/DS-2019 in your carry-on luggage.
- Keep other important items in your carry-on, like prescription eyeglasses, a bilingual dictionary, medication, or a change of clothes.
- Bring enough money for unexpected expenses or events, such as a missed flight. Keep this money hidden!
GETTING TO CAMPUS
- Be prepared to go through U.S. customs after you arrive in the U.S. The Department of Homeland Security website has a great description of what you will expect during this process.
- Arrange for a family member, friend, or supervisor to meet you at the airport if you can. If not, you can use the Airport Executive Shuttle following the instructions provided in the pre-arrival checklist on iBearcatsGlobal.