Traveling to Cincinnati
BEFORE YOU LEAVE
- Shop around for airfare, taking note of baggage regulations, price, and other amenities before selecting an airline.
- Purchase a ticket at least one month before you are supposed to arrive in the U.S.
- If you are sponsored by the government or a private organization, communicate your travel arrangements to your sponsors and check in before and after arrival.
- Make sure that your flight schedule allows enough time between connecting flights.
AT THE AIRPORT
- Arrive for your flight at least 3 hours before departure.
- Travel with your passport, visa, and
I-20/DS-2019 in your carry-on luggage.
- Keep other important items in your carry-on, like prescription eyeglasses, a bilingual dictionary, medication, or a change of clothes.
- Bring enough money for unexpected expenses or events, such as a missed flight. Keep this money hidden!
GETTING TO CAMPUS
- Be prepared to go through U.S. customs after you arrive in the U.S. The Department of Homeland Security website has a great description of what you will expect during this process.
- Arrange for a family member, friend, or supervisor to meet you at the airport if you can. If not, you can use the Airport Executive Shuttle following the instructions provided in your prearrival packet.