Attachments Required from the Foreign National
Documentation of education and/or professional qualifications:
- Current Curriculum Vitae, including publications.
- Evidence of highest degree conferred. This may be a diploma, transcript, or other evidence. Photocopies are acceptable. If degree is from abroad, evidence that it is equivalent to a U.S. degree may be required (Credential evaluation). A List of credential evaluation companies available in the "Permanent Resident Instructions"
If a medical degree is required
If a medical degree is required, the ECFMG certificate and USMLE score reports are required and a separate credential evaluation is not required.
- If prior experience is required, an employment verification letter is necessary. This letter should be on the employer’s letterhead and include the name, address, and title of the writer, and with respect to the foreign national’s former employment, state the position held, specific description of the duties performed and start/end dates.
- A copy of any required license.
- A copy of the certificate reflecting completion of any required training, such as a medical residency or fellowship.