Composition Studies call for Book Review Editor
Application deadline: January 15, 2018
Position begins June 2018
The biannual Composition Studies seeks a book review editor at the rank of associate or full professor for an initial appointment of three years. Requirements for the job include the following:
- Broad knowledge of writing studies and awareness of new trends and developments in teaching and research.
- Interest in working closely with authors through the development and revision of reviews.
- Attention to detail, particularly in relation to in-text citations and works cited (MLA 8).
- Commitment to reader-centered reviews written in active language and aimed at a wide audience across writing studies.
- Ability to make and meet deadlines, both your own and those established by the journal editor.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word’s track changes feature and google drive.
- Willingness to be responsive via email on a consistent basis.
To apply, please send a cv and letter outlining your interest in the position, the experience that prepares you for it, and evidence of your ability to fulfill the above requirements to editor Laura Micciche at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due January 15, 2018.
If you have questions about the position, feel free to get in touch with current book review editor Kelly Kinney at email@example.com or editor Laura Micciche at the address above.