Key points to remember for new Lab in room 612:
Due to space limitations, no scanners set up for use.
Due to scattered locations of items and necessity for constant monitoring of Language Resource Center, scheduling and calling ahead is an absolute necessity; cannot run next door to computer lab (727 upstairs); cannot get VCR's for checkout instantly--they are in a room across the hall.
All users must provide current UC ID, including faculty. My workers will not know faculty and other staff
DVD/VHS VIDEO PLAYERS FOR CHECK-OUT FOR CLASSROOM USE
- 3 27-inch screen player/recorder/receiver
- 1 20-inch VHS player/recorder/receiver
- 1 multi-format VHS player/recorder to be set up with 27-inch monitor by scheduled request.
- 2 Multi-Regional code free DVD players to be set up with 27-inch monitor by scheduled request.
- For classroom use within copyright limits
- must provide original
- must provide tapes or DVDs for copies if tapes/DVDs will be removed from Lab rather than left as part of Lab collection
VIDEO TRANSFER/CONVERSION TO DVD
- From any VHS format to any VHS format, for classroom use within copyright limits
- must provide tape to copy onto
- From any VHS format to code free NTSC DVD-R format
SUPER VHS CAMCORDER
- records and plays back regular VHS as well as Super VHS
- 12 power zoom
- fade button, strobe button
- can be checked out with advance reservation for educational use
- basically for the purpose of providing good originals to use in video editor