I have read the OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES for the #HottestCollegeinAmerica T-Shirt Design contest and I agree to all the rules and regulations of the contest as outlined below:
- The contest is open to all students, faculty, staff, alumni and fans that are in good standing with UC.
- All entries must be original creations of the contestant that incorporates the University's brand (i.e. colors, trademarks, or logos) into the design, has never been published, and does not contain profanity, trademarks, logos, or copyrighted works of any other person or business.
- The prize is a $250.00 gift card to the UC Bookstore.
- All entries become and remain the property of the University of Cincinnati. We will not return any entries to you. UC may use the design of any entry at any time after the contest. Contestants may display their own design(s) in a portfolio or personal collection, but may not sell or reproduce the design(s) for any other purpose once submitted to the contest.
- A panel of judges representing alumni, athletics, student government, faculty, and communications will choose the top submissions. The top submissions will be put to a public vote from July 7, 2014 through July 18, 2014.
- The contest begins on May 15, 2014.
- The entries must be received here online or dropped off at the UC Trademarks & Licensing Office located in University Hall, Suite 200 by 5:00 pm on June 30, 2014.
- FORM OF ENTRIES:
- The entry should be accompanied by your name and contact information.
- The entry may be drawn or printed on 8-1/2” x 11” paper or the entry may be any of the following art file formats if submitted electronically: .AI, .JPG, .PDF, .PNG or .PSD.
- The University's brand colors should be incorporated in the design with the design intended for use on either a white or red t-shirt.
- Official UC athletics logos and marks are prohibited from use in the design including but not limited to the C-Paw, Bearcat and Bearcat eyes.
- Use of the University's institutional logo is permitted. Click here to view the institutional logo.
- We reserve the right to pick one entry, more than one entry, or no entries as the winning entry.
- If we pick an entry as the winning entry, then we will pay the contestant who created the winning entry a $250.00 gift card to the UC Bookstore. We may produce and sell t-shirts at the UC Bookstore with the winning design but we are not obligated to do so.
- We reserve the right to terminate this contest at any time, effective on the date of issuing the termination notice. We do not need to give you notice prior to the date of termination.
- You agree that if you submit an entry, you will sign an assignment and release form prepared by us acknowledging your acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules including that the design is the property of UC.
- This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
Acknowledgement and Assignment
I am submitting a contest entry with this form, and I hereby assign any and all rights in the intellectual property of this entry to the University of Cincinnati. I agree that the entry I submit becomes your property and that the entry will not be returned to me.
I state that this entry is my own original creation and that I did not copy anyone else's work in creating this contest entry. I agree that if I have copied anyone else’s work in preparing this entry, and if I win this contest, I will pay back the award to you and will defend, indemnify and hold harmless the University of Cincinnati and their respective officers, directors, employees, suppliers, licensors, contractors and agents against and from any loss, debt, liability, damage, obligation, claim, demand, judgment or settlement of any nature or kind, known or unknown, liquidated or unliquidated, including without limitation, all reasonable costs and expenses incurred including all reasonable litigation costs and attorneys’ fees arising out of or relating to claims, complaint, action, proceeding or suit of a third party, that arise or relate in whole or part to the contestant’s entry.
I agree that if I win the contest, I authorize the use by you, without additional compensation, of my name and likeness or photograph for promotional purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation the internet, written or email communications, brochures, videos, slides, radio, television, film) that you deem appropriate.
If I submit more than one entry, I will submit an Entry Form with each entry.
I agree that if I win this contest, the $250.00 gift card to the UC Bookstore is fair and adequate compensation for my contest entry.