The 9th Annual MainStreet Stride was Friday, April 11, 2014 at Noon. All students, staff, and faculty were invited to watch the parade!
About the Stride
The MainStreet Stride is a campus tradition – a springtime foot parade of red and black. Student organizations, as well as students, faculty and staff representing offices across the university, dress up in their best (and often most creative) red-and-black spirit wear to parade their pride through campus. The parade begins on the plaza at University Pavilion and proceeds down MainStreet to the Campus Recreation Center. This year's theme was out of this world. That's one small step for Bearcats, one giant stride for UC!
A free lunch was provided for the entire UC community in the Campus Recreation Center Gymnasium immediately after the parade, featuring a performance by the UC Bearcats Band, awards, and Student Government Inauguration.
2014 Grand Marshals:
- Beverly Davenport, Sr Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Kenya Faulkner, Vice President for Legal Affairs and General Counsel
- Bleuzette Marshall, Chief Diversity Officer
- Debra Merchant, Vice President for Student Affairs
2014 Parade Judges:
- Greg Hand, Associate Vice President of Government Relations & University Communication
- Nicole Mayo, Director of Student Activities & Leadership Development
- Sarah Clem, 2013 Homecoming Queen
- Jim Vestring, Public Safety Law Enforcement Officer
- Chuck Matthews, Distinguised Teaching Professor of Entrepreneurship and Strategy
View animations from the 6th, 7th, and 8th Annual MainStreet Strides below.
View photos of the 8th Annual MainStreet Stride. Click on an image to activate slideshow.
View photos of the 7th Annual MainStreet Stride. Click on an image to activate slideshow.
View photos of the 6th Annual MainStreet Stride. Click on an image to activate slideshow.