Promoting Events on MainStreet
Guidelines and Procedures
MainStreet recognizes the need for student organizations and college departments to advertise campus information. There are a variety of ways to promote events on MainStreet. The proper procedures are outlined below. All are subject to change, and some require pre-approval. In order to reserve any of these promotion opportunities, please submit your request using the Promotions Request Form.
MainStreet staff reserves the right to refuse any material that does not support the goals and objectives of the university community.
Digital Signage is available in the Tangeman University Center, Campus Recreation Center, and Morgens Hall in the following locations:
- TUC Atrium Entrance
- TUC Bookstore Entrance
- Catskeller Entrance in TUC
- TUC Above MainStreet Connection Center
- CRC MainStreet Breezeway/Passageway
- Morgens Hall Lobby
- TUC Video Wall
Policies and Procedures
- To request Digital Signage, an organization representative must submit the Promotions Request Form. Confirmed promotions will be displayed on multiple screens at once.
- Artwork submitted must be JPGs or PNGs with dimensions of 1920 pixels x 1080 pixels at 72 dpi.
- Registered student organizations and university departments will be permitted to submit events for consideration. Submissions must be received five business days prior to the event on a first-come basis and will be prioritized according to event date, etc. If design is needed, there is a fee of $75/hour, and a 15-day lead time is preferred for completion.
- Advertising deemed inappropriate will not be permitted and decisions concerning the appropriateness are at the sole discretion of Campus Services.
- Events must take place on campus and will only be advertised for 7-10 consecutive days prior.
- Groups will be limited to five event listings per semester with the exception of PAC and Student Government.
- Alcohol will not be advertised except for special events at Mick & Mack’s and Catskeller.
- Campus Services reserves the right to edit content, background, colors, etc. All material is subject to approval.
Digital Signage Artwork
Many digital signage screens have to be read from far away. Because of this, limit the text and detail on your artwork. Think of the signs like billboards: no more than seven (or 10 at the most) words, as people are walking past the sign and have a limited amount of time to read your message. Please only include (in at least 48pt font):
- Organization Name
- Tag Line
Video and Motion Graphics
You have the option to submit videos and/or motion graphics to be displayed on many of the aforementioned screens, which may include the largest portion of the video wall in TUC. Submissions may not be longer than 60 seconds, and must be submitted to us in either .mov or .mp4 format.
Any videos that use copyrighted materials without permission will be rejected. This includes still images as well as clips from movies and/or music videos. Please make sure you have permission to use every image in your video before submitting it to Campus Services Marketing.
We reserve the right to edit your videos at our own discretion.
Posters and Flyers
- Posters and flyers must include the sponsor’s name, contact information and the date of the event or program.
- Only pushpins or thumbtacks are permitted for the bulletin boards. Tape is to be used for outside posting on the metal MainStreet sign structures. Organization representatives are responsible for posting the posters and flyers on the bulletin boards and the outdoor metal sign structures.
- Alcohol cannot be advertised.
- Personal items for sale, roommate searches, apartment searches and local bar ads may not be posted anywhere on MainStreet.
- Off-campus, for-profit organizations are prohibited from distributing posters and flyers in TUC and SSLC.
- Posters and flyers may not be posted on walls, doors, windows, or any painted surface. Organizations that post posters and flyers on walls, doors, or windows will be subject to a removal fee.
Steger Student Life Center (SSLC) Scrolling Marquee
- Scrolling Marquee: The Daktronics System is the LED scrolling sign that is located on the eastside of the Steger Student Life Center. Due to space limitations, messages cannot exceed 75 characters (including spaces) and must include the name, date, time and location of the event. Events being held off campus will not be publicized. Please submit the Promotions Request Form to request the SSLC scrolling marquee.
|Promotional Methods at a Glance|
|Method||Lead Time||Info Needed||Format||Where to Submit|
|Posters/Flyers||N/A||Event information, including sponsor's name and contact info||11" x 17" or smaller||N/A|
|SSLC Electronic Sign||5 business days prior to promotion dates||Basic event information||75 character limit text||Promotions Request Form|
|Digital Signage||5 business days prior to promotion dates / 15 business days for artwork
||Event and contact information, promotion dates and material||videos, JPGs or PNGs, 1920px x 1080px at 72 dpi||Promotions Request Form|