Promoting Events on MainStreet
Guidelines and Procedures
MainStreet recognizes the need for student organizations to advertise campus information. There are a variety of ways to promote your event on MainStreet. The proper procedures are outlined below. All are subject to change, and some require pre-approval. In order to reserve any of these promotion opportunities, please submit your request using the Promotions Request Form.
MainStreet staff reserves the right to refuse any material that does not support the goals and objectives of the university community.
Digital Signage is available in the Tangeman University Center, Campus Recreation Center, and Morgens Hall in the following locations:
- Atrium Entrance (TUC)
- Bookstore Entrance (TUC)
- Catskeller Entrance (TUC)
- Above MainStreet Connection Center (TUC)
- MainStreet Passageway (CRC)
- Fitness Floor (CRC)
- Gymnasium Corridor (CRC)
- Morgens Hall Lobby
Policies and Procedures
- To request Digital Signage, an organization representative must submit the Promotions Request Form. Confirmed promotions will be displayed on multiple screens at once.
- Artwork submitted must be JPGs or PNGs with dimensions of 1414 pixels x 1280 pixels at 72 dpi.
- Registered student organizations and university departments will be permitted to submit events for consideration. Submissions must be received 5 business days prior to the event on a first-come basis and will be prioritized according to event date, etc. If design is needed, 15 business days are required for a fee of $60/hour.
- All events must be scheduled in the R25 scheduling system with Conference & Event Services in order to be considered and must be open to the entire university community/general public. Confirmation number must be provided on form.
- Advertising deemed inappropriate will not be permitted and decisions concerning the appropriateness are at the sole discretion of Campus Services.
- Events must take place on campus and will only be advertised for 7-10 consecutive days prior.
- Groups will be limited to 5 event listings per semester with the exception of PAC and Student Government.
- Alcohol will not be advertised except for special events at Mick & Mack’s and Catskeller.
- Campus Services reserves the right to edit content, background, colors, etc. All material is subject to approval.
Digital Signage Artwork
Many digital signage screens have to be read from far away. Because of this, limit the text and detail on your artwork. Please only include (in at least 48pt font):
- Organization Name
- Tag Line
Posters and Flyers
- Posters and flyers must include the sponsor’s name, contact information and the date of the event or program.
- Only use pushpins or thumbtacks for the bulletin boards. Tape is to be used for outside posting on the metal MainStreet sign structures. Organization representatives are responsible for posting the posters and flyers on the bulletin boards and the outdoor metal sign structures.
- Alcohol cannot be advertised.
- Personal items for sale, roommate searches, apartment searches and local bar ads may not be posted anywhere on MainStreet.
- Off-campus, for-profit organizations are prohibited from distributing posters and flyers in TUC and SSLC.
- Posters and flyers may not be posted on walls, doors, windows, or any painted surface. Organizations that post posters and flyers on walls, doors, or windows will be subject to a removal fee.
- Scrolling Marquee: The Daktronics System is the LED scrolling sign that is located on the eastside of the Steger Student Life Center. Due to space limitations, please make sure that your message consist of only 75 characters (including spaces) and must include the name, date, time and location of the event. Events being held off campus will not be publicized. Please submit the Promotions Request Form to request the scrolling marquee.
TUC Table Tents
- Submit a request to schedule table tents for desired dates, including a JPG or PNG format draft of the table tent, to the Promotions Request Form. Please allow five business days to receive an approved confirmation email.
- Table tents should be no larger than 8 ½ x 11 or smaller than 3 post-cards taped/stapled together. They must be tri-fold in design, single sheets or sheets folded in half will not be accepted. All sides must be secured — tape, glue, or stapling are acceptable methods.
- They must contain the date(s), time, event name and the UC logo. More information about using the UC Logo can be found uc.edu/ucomm/branding/logos_graphics.
- No more than two groups may promote at a time; the earlier a group gets the request in, the more likely they can have the desired dates.
- Maximum time frame for a promotion is two weeks per event, per semester.
- Scheduled times are not confirmed until approval process is complete and approval has been granted. Please do not print your table tents until you have secured approval and have received your email confirmation.
- It is the group’s responsibility to print tents, place and remove. We allow 125 tents per group to be placed.
- Tents are NOT to be placed/removed during Food Court peak operation hours of 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
NOTE: Failure to comply with any of the above may result in the group’s suspension of table tent permits for the semester, or longer depending on the time of suspension. The organization will be subject to removal fee.
Also — any unapproved table tents or flyers on TUC Food Court tables will be removed immediately. The organization will be subject to a removal fee.
|Promotional Methods at a Glance|
|Method||Lead Time||Info Needed||Format||Where to Submit|
|Posters/Flyers||N/A||Event information, including sponsor's name and contact info||11" x 17" or smaller||N/A|
|SSLC Electronic Sign||5 business days prior to promotion dates||Basic event information||75 character limit text||Promotions Request Form|
|Digital Signage||5 business days prior to promotion dates / 15 business days for artwork
||Event and contact information, promotion dates and material||JPGs or PNGs, 1414px x 1280px at 72 dpi||Promotions Request Form|
|TUC Table Tents||Reserve as soon as possible as only 2 programs can be reserved at a time||Event and contact information, including sponsor's name and UC logo||125 copies on cardstock, tri-folded on edge and taped; set-up yourselves||Promotions Request Form|