Recent Renovations Expand Classroom Space
Campus continues to accommodate a growing student body with new classroom space.
Date: 9/14/2011 12:00:00 AM
By: M.B. Reilly
Phone: (513) 556-1824
Recent renovations to the University of Cincinnati campus include alterations to what was once known as the Sander Annex, a one-time dining facility, that will now be used for classroom space.
The annex, now called 60 West Charlton, due to its location on West Charlton Street on the east side of the Uptown Campus, will provide seven new 50-person classrooms starting in Fall 2012, along with space for teaching English as a second language.
Additional renovations will continue in the building next summer, providing for an additional seven classrooms in Fall 2012.
The building renovation, costing about $6 million, consists of needed updates to the aging mechanical system as well as updates required to transform the space for classroom use. The new space will house English-as-a-Second-Language instruction for incoming international students as well as classrooms and offices for the McMicken College of Arts and Sciences and for the College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services.