SEMESTER CONVERSION: See New Online Information – FAQs, Updated Policies
UC, and other Ohio colleges and universities still on the quarter
calendar, will convert to semesters later this year. Complete
information about the conversion is online.
Date: 1/17/2012 12:00:00 AM
By: M.B. Reilly
Phone: (513) 556-1824
The University of Cincinnati will convert to semesters on Aug. 27, 2012.
This conversion of the academic calendar will not affect those students who complete their coursework prior to that date. And for students who enter UC as of Aug. 27, 2012, their academic careers will take place entirely under the semester system.
For current students who will transition to semesters this fall, the university has a conversion website
that includes a conversion guide
for students. These transitioning students will each receive an Individual Advising Plan (IAP) from his or her academic advisor, and students can turn to their academic advisors with questions.
NEW INFORMATION ADDED TO CONVERSION WEB SITE
UC’s semester conversion web site is continuously updated in order to serve as a one stop for conversion information. Some recent updates include
- Financial FAQ to collect, in one place, information about tuition, billing, financial aid and other money matters as they relate to semester conversion. See other online FAQs.
- New policies, e.g., new dates to apply for UC International Grants, guidelines for certificates and minors, and library loan policies.
PREVIOUS SEMESTER CONVERSION UPDATES
- Fall 2011: Individual Advising Plans Now Underway.
- Summer 2011: Advisor Training and IAP Process
- Spring 2011: May Is "Verify My Major" Month
- Winter 2011: Curricular Revisions, Bridge Courses, Encouraging Students to Meet with Advisors
- Fall 2010: Co-op Cycles, Calendar Updates and Progress on Curricular Revisions
- Summer 2010: Preparations Underway to Augment Student Advising
- Spring 2010: Join Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter
- Winter 2010: New Web Offerings and an Industry Symposium
- Fall 2009: See the New Web Site, Check Out the Planning Timeline
UC's semester conversion home page.