Fall Semester Metro Cards Are Available
Although there are some changes, the UC*Metro program will continue to offer both the UC*Metro Fare Card and the EZ Ride Fare Card to eligible students and employees for fall semester.
Date: 8/9/2012 12:00:00 AM
By: Greg Hand
Phone: (513) 556-1822
Fall semester 2012 UC*Metro bus cards are available now through the UC*Metro web site. Fall cards will be valid for use on Metro buses beginning Monday August 27, 2012 up to and including Sunday, January 6, 2013.
Fare cards will now be issued per academic semester rather than per academic quarter, making cards valid for a longer period of time. As a result, UC students and employees will only need register three times per year (once for each semester), rather than four times per year.
Among the big changes for UC* Metro Fare Card Holders for fall semester 2012
- The registration price of the UC*Metro Fare Card will increase to accommodate the longer semester time period. The student registration price of the UC* Metro Fare Card will increase from $40 per quarter to $53 per semester. The employee registration price will increase from $120 per quarter to $160 per semester.
- Riders will no longer pay the $0.25 cash drop when riding in Zone 1 (within the City of Cincinnati). The Fall Semester 2012 UC*Metro Fare Card will be valid for $1.75, the current fare charged by Metro to the general public for travel in Zone 1. This change makes the UC*Metro Fare Card a much more convenient and economical transportation option for UC students and employees.
Some features will not change.
- When riding in Zones 2 through 5, all UC*Metro Fare Card holders will continue to pay Metro Zone Fees as a cash drop, ranging from $0.90 to $2.50 per ride;
- Metro Fare Card holders may not purchase or use transfers with this fare card.
There are no changes for EZ Ride Fare Cards for fall semester 2012:
- The EZ Ride Fare Card will continue to be free to obtain for eligible students and employees.
- EZ Ride Fare Card Holders will continue paying a $1.00 cash drop for all travel — no Zone Fees apply.
- EZ Ride Fare Card Holders will continue to have the option to purchase a $0.50 transfer, as needed.
For spring semester 2013, UC*Metro cards will carry the same terms and prices as fall semester 2012. Spring cards will be valid for use beginning Monday, Jan. 7, 2013 up to and including Sunday, May 5, 2013.
For more information, see the UC*Metro web page.