University of Cincinnati Celebrates Commencement on Dec. 15
UC’s December Commencement recognizes summer and fall graduates.
Date: 12/10/2012 12:00:00 AM
By: Dawn Fuller
Phone: (513) 556-1823
Photos By: Dottie Stover
The University of Cincinnati will hold Commencement exercises for summer and fall graduates at 9:30 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 15, in Fifth Third Arena.
The ceremony will include individual recognition of master’s, baccalaureate and associate degree candidates.
UC’s Office of Institutional Research reports that over summer and fall, 3,539 students applied for graduation, up more than 35 per cent from the same period last year. Total degree applications include:
449 associate degrees
1,557 baccalaureate degrees
1,352 master’s degrees
210 doctoral or professional degrees
The graduates represent 64 countries, 49 states and 67 Ohio counties. Their average age is 29.Click here for a statistical look at the graduating class
At December Commencement, the university will present an Honorary Doctor of Commercial Science to Larry Sheakley,
C.E.O. of the Sheakley Group, an outstanding supporter of the UC Bearcats as well as an outstanding benefactor for the Cincinnati community. The ceremony will be webcast
by UC’s Presentation Technologies & Services Group, marking the 14th year that UC’s Commencement can be viewed via the Internet.
Immediately following the Commencement ceremony, the UC Alumni Association will host a reception for all graduates and guests at the Russell C. Myers Alumni Center.Related Commencement News:New Recognition for Veterans at UC’s December Commencement
– UC begins offering red-white-and blue honor cords to veterans to wear over their academic regalia, following a proposal from a graduating veteran. Father, Veteran and Technician Adds “UC Graduate” to Accomplishments
– Aaron Domine will serve as his college’s flag-bearer at the December Commencement ceremony. December Commissioning Ceremony Planned for Two UC ROTC Army Cadets
– The graduating cadets will be sworn in as officers as part of a traditional and solemn military ceremony. Transfer Student/Graduate Says There’s A Place For Everyone At UC
– An injury first led to Kara Mate’s transfer to UC, but she says her discoveries in and out of the classroom are what kept her on her pathway to graduation. UC Grads Finish Their Studies As Superstorm Sandy Hits Home
– CCM graduates Andrew De Meo and Moe Tompkins look forward to reuniting with their families at UC’s December Commencement Ceremony. Sport Administration Program Opens Doors for Graduating Senior –
T. Marie Strickland's experience in the field of sport administration reaches far beyond the classroom.Higher Levels of College-Degree Attainment Boosts Employment for All
New UC research suggests higher levels of college-degree attainment in an area boost the employment rate for all in that area. In fact, the least educated receive the biggest boost in terms of spillover effect. UC Commencement Website