Blackboard OneStop LibrariesBOL E-mail UCMail UCFileSpace
Future Students Current Students Alumni & Friends Community Faculty & Staff Visitors
University of Cincinnati
spacer
UC Web   People   Go  
MapsA-Z IndexUC Tools
spacer


QSI: Latest Achievements

Date: Jan. 29, 2002
By: Marianne Kunnen-Jones
Phone: (513) 556-1826
Archive: Campus News

The Quality Service Initiative launched by President Joseph A. Steger last spring has resulted in the following recent changes and activities:


  • The new "UC is Listening" web-based feedback tool, which can be found at: www.feedback.uc.edu, is designed to take comments, complaints, suggestions and surveys related to the university. PlanetFeedback.com had predicted about 60 percent of the feedback to the site would be complaints, based on the experiences of earlier clients. At UC's site, however, about 35 percent have been complaints, with the remaining 65 percent composed of compliments, questions, suggestions and survey responses (as of Jan. 8).

  • Temporary signage has been placed at 14 different buildings to reduce confusion for students and visitors. Many of the buildings have older, now-unused names placed in their facades. For example, McMicken Hall has a wing marked Cunningham Hall and another marked Hanna Hall. Some newer structures also did not have effective signage. The temporary signage has been installed at Teachers College, Dyer, the Administration Building, McMicken, Old Chemistry, Rhodes, Brodie, Zimmer, Rieveschl, Swift, Baldwin, Braunstein, the Student Government Pavilion and the Dining Pavilion.


  • Another type of sign will be disappearing soon. Many campus buildings have blue-and-white "No trespassing" signs adhered to the doorways that will soon be replaced with decals with the greeting, "Welcome."
  • The Board of Trustees approved a change in the severe weather and emergency closing policy to allow employees to receive pay for closures. For some employees snow and ice days create hardship through no fault of their own, said Marie Sutthoff, coordinator in Administrative Services and member of the QSI Advisory Committee.

  • On Jan. 30, the Management Advancement Program (MAP) held a session featuring Jim Evans, director of the Total Quality Management Center at the College of Business Administration, and Betty Young, director of Benefits. The two presented "Quality at UC: What Management Needs to Know."

To follow the latest developments in the ongoing quality service efforts, you can check out the web at www.qsi.uc.edu.


 
Contact Us | University of Cincinnati | 2600 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45221
Undergraduate Admission: 513-556-1100 | Graduate Admission: 513-556-4335
University Information: 513-556-6000 | Copyright Information. © 2006