This day-long symposium brings together ADVANCE programs in their fifth year or no-cost extension year to discuss issues, hurdles, and long-term plans to sustain and focus efforts to improve institutions for women and underrepresented STEM scientists after NSF-funding concludes.
Several faculty from previous cohorts will join the group to provide guidance and expertise on sustaining programs. Additional names will be added as they are confirmed:
- Karen A. Froelich, Project Director, North Dakota State University ADVANCE FORWARD
- Marie Garland, Executive Director, Syracuse University SU ADVANCE
- David Goldstein, PI/Consortium Director, Wright State University LEADER Consortium
- Stephanie A. Goodwin, Program Director, Wright State University LEADER Consortium
- Phyllis R. Robinson, Professor, University of Maryland - Baltimore County ADVANCE
Monday, October 24, 2016
8am - 3pm
University of Cincinnati
University Hall, Room 454
51 Goodman Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45221
Have a question or concern? Please contact Carolyn Noe at email@example.com or 513.556.1654
Hotel accommodations are available through a room block with the Kingsgate Marriott, 151 Goodman Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219. Rooms are $139 per night, not including tax. To book your room, please visit the Kingsgate Marriott website - the link will take you directly to the room block rate.
Please reserve your room before the cutoff date on Sunday, October 2, 2016, 5 pm.
Check-in is at 4 pm and check-out is at 11 am.
Parking is located in an attached garage with a fee of $10/day or $3.50/hour.
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport is located approximately 15 miles from the Kingsgate Marriott.
The hotel does not provide shuttle service. Transportation options include:
- Executive Transportation-Airport Express: $20 (one way)
- Estimated taxi fare: $32 (one way)
- Uber estimated fare: $18-24 (requires app download)
- Lyft estimated fare: $19-25 (requires app download)
The Kingsgate Marriott is located on UC's Medical Campus.