LEAF is committed to bringing scholars who will engage with all levels of faculty at the University of Cincinnati to discuss research and networking. Visiting scholars serve the dual purpose of enriching faculty and creating critical conversations.
Departments may request from LEAF up to a maximum of $750 to help bring a departmental speaker to UC. Details are on our grants page.
2015-16 Visiting Scholars:
- Pat Gurin, Nancy Cantor Distinguished University Professor Emerita of Psychology and Women's Studies. Sponsored by the Department of Psychology.
4:00 - 5:30 PM
- Kim Binstead, Professor of Information and Computer Sciences at the University of Hawaii. Sponsored by the Department of Aerospace Engineering.
755 Baldwin Hall
- Chanda Prescod-Weinstein, MLK Postdoctoral Fellow, M.I.T. Kavli Institute for Astrophysics and Space Research
4:00 - 5:00 PM
Sponsored by the Department of Physics
- Ashley Paz y Puente, PhD candidate, Northwestern University
Sponsored by the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Elizabeth Meckes, Associate Professor, Mathematics, Case Western University. Sponsored by the Department of Mathematical Sciences.
2014-15 Visiting Scholars
- Lori Peek, Sep 25-27, Associate Professor of Sociology and Co-Director of the Center for Disaster and Risk Analysis, Colorado State Univeristy
- Michael Alexander-Ramos, Oct 2-3, Hybrid System Researcer, General Motors Research & Development Ceter
- Sora Lee Kim, March 11, T.C. Chamberlin Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Geophysical Sciences, University of Chicago
- Mayly Sanches, April 2, Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Iowa State University
- Monica Cox, April 17-18, Associate Professor, School of Engineering Education, Purdue University
2012-13 Visiting Scholars
- Shannon Walker, March 14, NASA Astronaut and Branch Chief of the ISS Operations, Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center