Taking Care of Business
Do it now and be done! You can take care most items listed in advance of your Orientation session on the Taking Care of Business website.
You will be able to take care of:
- Activating and depositing funds to your Bearcat Card
- Learning how to find your custom course materials list via Catalyst and create order directly with UC Bookstores
- Signing up for your textbook rental account
- Purchasing a Campus Dining Pass (commuters)
- Purchasing your student Parking Pass
- Learning about on-campus jobs with flexible schedules
In addition, Taking Care of Business will take place on Day 1 in the Tangeman University Center Study Lounge, Level 3, beginning at 2:15 p.m. You can get help with all of the items above, plus:
- Pick up your UC ID!
- Get questions answered by Housing & Food Services personnel
- Waive University Health Insurance (if applicable)
- Open a PNC Bank Virtual Wallet Student® account
More Information about this Important To-Do List
The Bearcat Card has a debit feature that can be used both on and off campus. Deposit funds online to your Bearcat Card at uc.edu/bearcatcard, and you can manage your account online, too. Funds on your account will roll-over from semester to semester or you can get a refund of the balance at the end of the school year.
- Enter our Taking Care of Business drawing: Deposit at least $500 on your Bearcat Card by or before August 6, 2017, and be entered to win one of five prizes, including a $250 UC Bookstores gift card or a free semester of Parking. Drawing held August 14, 2017, and winners notified soon thereafter.
Custom Course Materials List allows you to order your books online from the UC Bookstores. Learn how to find your required course materials and create your personalized cart. You can pay for them with your Bearcat Card or credit card. Pick them up or have them shipped.
Creating a Text Rental Account allows you to rent books from the UC Bookstores. This is a one-time signup process. Renting textbooks can save you on average more than 50% off the new book price. To sign up for a rental account, you will need a valid credit card, email address, driver’s license/state ID. If you are not 18, you will need your parent/guardian to sign you up.
Campus Dining Passes are convenient, and perfect for commuting students or upperclassmen. They can be purchased through Taking Care of Business or online at uc.edu/food.
Student Parking Permits can be purchased through Taking Care of Business. You will need your license plate number. Parking passes are sold on a first come, first-served basis. Your Bearcat Card will be your parking pass, or buy a Fast Pass for hands-free access.
Find out about On-Campus Student Jobs with flexible schedules to maintain balance in your academic, work and personal life by working where you study! You can find out more on the Campus Services Jobs website the largest employer of student workers at the university.
PNC Bank makes banking easy for students with 10 main campus ATMs and a full-service branch in Tangeman University Center. PNC’s Virtual Wallet® Student provides interactive online tools that make it easy to keep track of your money, so you–and your family–have one less thing to worry about as you begin your college journey.
Health Insurance: All students registered with six or more credit hours or on co-op must have health insurance to attend UC. If you have your own insurance, you can waive UC’s insurance. If you do not have insurance, you do not need to do anything, and UC will bill you for Student Health Insurance. If you will be waiving your health insurance, you will need your insurance card.
You have already Housing and Residential Meal Plans, but if you have questions/concerns, you can speak to a Housing representative at Taking Care of Business.
We have packaged these activities in one place because Taking Care of Business is one of the most important activities you will engage in as you prepare for your new life at the University of Cincinnati. Do It and Be Done!