Your Bearcat Bound Checklist
- Photo I.D. – Acceptable forms of a photo IDs are driver’s license, state ID, military ID, or passport.
- Health Insurance Policy Card – If you are covered by an alternate policy, such as your parents’ policy, you may be eligible to waive the cost of the university insurance policy. In order to do this, you will need your insurance card or all the information on your insurance card.
- License Plate Number, Year, Make, Model of Your Vehicle and a credit or debit card – This information is required if you plan to have a car on campus and need to purchase a parking decal for fall quarter.
- Social Security Number – For financial aid paperwork.
- AP, PSEOP, or IB Transcripts – If you have earned credit from AP, PSEOP, or IB, bring copies of your score reports or transcripts to assist your academic advisor in placing you in the correct classes.
- Pen, Pencil, and Notepaper – These are your first two days as a college student, come prepared to learn.
- Good Walking Shoes – Bearcats Bound Orientation functions will be at various locations around campus. While all measures have been taken to keep walking to a minimum, it is a good idea to have comfortable shoes.
- Comfortable Clothing – Dress for Bearcats Bound Orientation will be summer casual (we suggest UC spirit wear!) You may want to bring a sweater as some meeting rooms may be cold. In addition, bring attire to swim, workout, and play in the Rec Center (the entrance fee will be on us!).
- Umbrella – Just in case
Additional Items to bring, if you are attending Bearcats Bound Orientation:
- New School Supplies – To donate to the Bearcats Bound School supplies Drive (see right side for details).
- My Bearcats Bound Card – From the brochure (on page 2 of your Bearcats Bound Orientation brouchure).
- The brochure - Inside are driving directions, parking information, campus maps, and other important information. A copy can be found here.
If staying overnight in Siddall Residence Hall, please also bring:
- Sleeping bag or linen, pillow, blanket, and towels – Please bring a sleeping bag or bed sheets, pillow, blanket, and towels as needed for your one- or two-night stay in the hall (see Overnight Accommodations).
- Personal Toiletries including shower shoes – Siddall/Calhoun Residence Hall has shared community bathrooms (see details in Overnight Accommodations).
- Alarm Clock – Day 2 of Bearcats Bound Orientation starts bright and early at 7:30 a.m.! Wake-up service will not be available. Please bring your alarm clock.
Bearcats Bound School Supplies Drive
Please bring some new school supplies to donate at the Bearcats Bound School Supplies Drive.Bring your items to the orientation check-in desk to place in the donation box.
The school supplies will be donated to a Cincinnati area elementary school to help children in need.Be generous in participating in the Bearcats Bound School Supplies Drive, and join us in serving the littlest among us!