Public Safety and Parking Services are working together with Student Government, the Advisory Committee on Public Safety (ACOPS), Student Safety Board, and other university groups to inform students, faculty, and staff how to Be Safe on Campus.
Public Safety and Parking staff members will participate in a live chat with a different safety topic on the first Monday of each month during the regular academic year. Join us!
Vehicle Break-In Prevention Tips
In a matter of 30 seconds, a thief can break into your car and steal your valuables, but it only takes 20 seconds to put your valuables in your truck and/or out of sight. By taking these anti-theft measures and reporting suspicious behavior, UC community members can help prevent vehicle burglaries.
- Always lock your car doors and roll up your windows
- Place all valuables in your trunk or under your seat
- Do not leave brackets to GPS units or wires to electronics in plain sight
- Do not leave any valuables inside the vehicle
- Report suspicious persons to Public Safety immediately
- Activate Blue Help phones if you see persons who look out of place in parking garages
Blue Help Phones
There are 200 blue help phones throughout campus. By picking up any blue help phone, you are directly connected to the UC Police dispatcher. These phones are located throughout campus walkways and inside parking garages. Police respond to the lifting of any help phone receiver, even when no words are spoken. Use these phones any time you feel unsafe, observe a suspicious person or activity, or need general assistance. That is why they are there!
|After Hours Supervisor||513-617-6969|