The Pre-Professional Advising Center can assist you with information about pursuing careers in these additional health professions:
Additional Health Professions
Chiropractors are primary care professionals who use a wide variety of techniques and approaches to relieve pain, increase mobility and optimize performance through safe and effective spinal adjustments and manipulation. They play a vital and life-changing role, healing with a human touch.
Applying to Chiropractic schools means contacting each school
- View a list of U.S. chiropractic schools: From chirocolleges.org
- Common prerequisites for chiropractic school
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct system of primary health care that concentrates on whole-patient wellness while emphasizing prevention and the process of self-healing through the use of natural therapies. Naturopathic medicine attempts to find the underlying cause of the patient’s condition rather than focusing solely on symptomatic treatment. Learn more from the Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges (AANMC).
- Naturopathic Schools - Information for prospective students
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Common prerequisites for naturopathic medical schools
- Some naturopathic schools may require the MCAT
- American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) Mentors Network
- The DPM Mentors Network is designed to match you with a podiatric physician who practices near where you live or go to school. DPM Mentors will take the time to show you how they practice medicine, introduce you to the team of healthcare practitioners with whom they work, and answer your questions about the profession. Ready to get true exposure to podiatric medicine? Some DPMs will let you observe their interactions with a patient – provided the patient is comfortable with a student observer!
- Common prerequisites for podiatric school
- MCAT: Many podiatric schools require the MCAT
Additional Related Professions:
Most science departments and medical schools offer graduate programs leading to careers in research.
College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services (CECH)
CECH offers degrees in athletic training, health education and areas of human services that may be of interest.