Academic Internship Course Description:
The academic internship experience allows students to investigate the applicability of their studies during a domestic or international field experience. The course is reflective in nature, relies on communication with an on-site mentor, as-well-as distance learning based communication with faculty. Students will participate in limited projects and complete tasks that build on skills learned in the classroom.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will use the knowledge gained on their internship to test and clarify career interests and aptitudes.
- Students will acquire valuable hands on skill development and learning.
- Students will be able to compare and contrast working in teams with working individually.
- Students will be able to explain the professional expectations that their supervisor has of them with regard to performing work responsibilities.
- Students will be able to explain how their particular job function relates to departmental goals.
- Students will be able to complete projects/tasks that will build on the skills learned in the classroom.
PAL is where you complete the reflection and assessment exercises associated with your internship experience.
Blackboard is where you access specific information about the Academic Internship Course.