Before you leave campus, you will…
- Confirm your co-op position with your Professional Practice faculty adviser, if you have not already done so.
- Register with the division by submitting the Professional Practice Quarterly Registration Card online.
- Make sure you know how to handle priority registration for your next academic semester.
- Make sure that you have everything taken care of at other applicable UC departments (i.e. financial aid, student health insurance, international students office, etc.).
- Confirm your starting date with your Professional Practice employer.
During the semester you will…
- Read the instructions on this semester’s learning module.
- Meet with your supervisor at the beginning of the semester to discuss the learning module and set learning objectives.
- Follow the instructions to complete the learning module including the Student Project and Student Assessment Form.
- Complete the Student Report – Professional Practice Assignment that describes the discipline specific learning you have achieved during the co-op work term.
- Schedule an appointment with your supervisor for your end of the term evaluation.
- Meet with your supervisor at the end of the semester to go over the Employer Assessment of Professional Practice Student and the learning module Employer Assessment Form.
When you return to campus you will…
- Turn in your completed Student Report and Learning Module.
- Remember the "rule of 3s". If requesting a job change, submit your paperwork within the first three days. If returning to the same job, submit your paperwork within the first three weeks. (Refer to the Student Handbook for official guidelines.)
- Schedule an appointment with your Professional Practice faculty adviser.
- Meet with your Professional Practice faculty adviser to discuss the previous semester and plan for the upcoming semester.
- Register with the division for the upcoming semester by submitting Professional Practice Quarterly Registration Card online.