UC officially converts to semesters on August 27, 2012. Are you ready?
The following information will to help your office prepare for semester conversion:
- If you currently have a co-op student and you are not sure when they will be available for their future co-op work experiences, please contact their Professional Practice faculty advisor directly. If you know your student's class year, you may refer to the transition calendars to see their expected co-op rotation.
- Please note that the classes of 2014 and 2015 will have a slightly different schedule due to the quarter to semester transition. If you are not sure which class year a student will be graduating, please refer to their resume, contact the student, or contact their Professional Practice faculty advisor.
- Due to the transition from quarters to semester, the summer quarter of 2012 will end on August 24, 2012, and the autumn semester for 2012 will begin August 27, 2012. This means that you may have a student end their co-op rotation on August 24th, and a new student begin their co-op rotation on August 27th.
- Each major will be changing their co-op rotation from the quarterly rotation schedule and implementing a new semester co-op rotation schedule. For information about a specific major's semester co-op rotation schedule during the transition, please refer to the Transition Calendars page.
- Semesters work experiences will be between 16-18 weeks.
- Students will be required to co-op with an employer for a minimum of two co-op semesters.
- Co-op rotation schedules will still allow companies to have co-op student coverage year round.
- Employer evaluations will remain the same. For more information regarding Employer evaluations, please refer to the Employer Evaluation page.