What are the Benefits?
Companies participating in the international co-op program find that co-op students add a great deal to their organization. Students are cost-effective and productive - they work independently and take responsibility for a variety of projects. International co-op students:
- are at the top of their class, highly motivated to succeed
- speak the language
- are sensitive to cultural differences
- understand the benefits of diversity
- are prepared to work in a competitive global market
- are a cost-effective investment in your company's future
- are poised to lead in business, industry and government
In addition, by hiring co-op students for a five-month international work period, employers gain a critical recruitment advantage necessary to hire these future leaders on a permanent basis.
- The ICP is competitive and many of the University's best students are participants.
- Students gain a crucial awareness of a culture other than their own and provide corporations with a resource on American language, culture, and history.
- Students gain technical expertise on the job and at a nominal cost, provide companies with the services of bright, energetic employees.
- Students and companies profit when ICP students upon graduation, are hired as employees with proven work habits and abilities as well as familiarity with company practices
- Students receive over 300 hours of specialized language and culture training
- Most significantly, ICP students contribute to the corporations an international business perspective, and contribute to the company's reputation as a promoter of international understanding and goodwill.