About Academic Personnel
Academic Personnel advises and assists faculty members, deans, associate deans, and department heads with matters related to the UC/AAUP Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Rules of the Board of Trustees. It also administers reappointment, promotion, and tenure procedures; disciplinary procedures; grievances; leaves; search procedures; compensation issues; retirement incentive procedures; shared governance issues; and other faculty matters.
Academic Personnel Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Office of Academic Personnel to:
- Support the success of UC’s faculty and other academic personnel by providing accurate and timely service and planning for emerging needs and issues;
- Serve as a resource for information, interpretation, implementation, training and compliance with the faculty collective bargaining agreement (CBA) with the AAUP-UC Chapter as well as relevant UC policies, rules and procedures;
- Guide faculty and administrators in the implementation of policies, rules, and CBA provisions that impact the terms and conditions of employment of academic personnel;
- Facilitate academic personnel and employee relation functions in a fair and consistent manner; and
- Provide advice, support, training and professional education to UC faculty, deans, unit heads, and their staffs.