- Earned doctoral degree in a relevant discipline and eligible to be tenured at the rank of full professor.
- Strong record of achievements in teaching, research (funding and scholarship), university service, and industry/academic partnerships.
- Knowledge of undergraduate and graduate programs in engineering and computer science and ABET accreditation processes.
- Effective and proven track record in leadership, management, and fundraising.
- Ability to establish critical connections with industry and with the community at large on behalf of the College.
- Proven success in the professional development and mentoring of faculty, students and staff.
- Clear grasp of the emerging trends and range of challenges and opportunities in higher education, particularly in engineering and computer science, for a public and urban institution.
- Ability to work with leadership throughout the university and articulate CEAS interests and goals in alignment with UC strategic initiatives.
- Strong record of creativity, innovation and collaboration with visionary leadership to advance CEAS and UC to greater national recognition.
- Demonstrated track record in commitment to diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and retain outstanding faculty.