- Leads the development and implementation overall information technology strategy
- Leads the university’s enterprise technology organization and works with the university’s distributed IT organizations to achieve an optimal balance of standard and unique technologies and services
- Oversees the university’s enterprise technology organization (UCIT).
- Oversees the design and delivery of academic and research technology, enterprise applications systems and services, networking and telecommunications, information security, data center operations, and user support training and outreach
- Builds and sustains effective partnerships and collaborations with academic and administrative departments
- Advocates for the university’s total technology needs and advises senior leadership on significant IT investments