Contact: Keisha Love, Associate Provost for Faculty Development and Special Initiatives, 513-556-7013 or Keisha.Love@uc.edu
Faculty Career Award
The Office of the Provost honors members of the faculty who have worked to make UC a high-quality education and research-focused environment through the Faculty Career Award.
Each year, this award recognizes the long-term contributions and achievements of up to two distinguished faculty members who have spent 10 or more years in service to UC and recognizes them for exemplifying excellence in teaching, research and service.
- Candidates must be faculty at the rank of professor with 10 or more years of service to UC.
- Candidates must demonstrate long-term achievement and contributions in the areas of teaching, research and service. Although the candidate's record may be more heavily weighted toward one of these areas, some degree of excellence is required in all three areas.
Candidates may be nominated by any member of the UC faculty, staff or administration.
- The nominator shall submit a letter to the committee describing why the candidate is worthy of the award along with the candidate’s CV.
- Up to three additional letters of nomination may be submitted. At least one letter must be internal to UC.
- All letters are limited to two pages. Nominations should emailed to Sharon Boyle in the Office of the Provost. Deadline to submit nominations for the 2018 award is December 4, 2017.
- Award winners will be chosen by a committee selected by the Provost.
- The awards are normally presented at the Annual Faculty Awards Ceremony in the spring.
- Faculty Career Award winners will receive a plaque and a financial award.