Contact: Keisha Love, Associate Provost for Faculty Development and Special Initiatives, 513-556-7013 or Keisha.Love@uc.edu
Group / Interdisciplinary Award
As part of our mission to support and invest in faculty, the Office of the Provost sponsors the Group / Interdisciplinary Professional Development Award, which provides financial backing to initiatives that promote faculty development. Faculty development consists of activities that improve the skills of faculty members in the performance of their duties as faculty. For example, attending a seminar series on pre-Civil War America is not faculty development, but attending a seminar series that explains how to improve teaching in history that uses pre-Civil War America is faculty development. The maximum amount for a single award is $20,000.
- Full-time and part-time faculty members may apply.
- The primary beneficiaries of the grant must be UC faculty.
Applications must be submitted as a single document to Sharon Boyle by October 1, 2017, and include the following information:
- A summary of the professional development project (500-word maximum). The summary should address the impact of the project and identify any and all beneficiaries.
- A list of participants, including name, title, department, and college (indicate which faculty member will serve as the point of contact).
- A curriculum vitae of each participant.
- A one-page budget outline.
Only one submission is allowed per group. A review committee consisting of administrators in the Office of the Provost and faculty who are past award recipients will review applications. Award recipients will be notified on or around November 1, 2017. A final report that summarizes the outcomes/accomplishments achieved and funds expended is due August 1, 2018. Please direct questions to Associate Provost for Faculty Development and Strategic Initiatives, Dr. Keisha Love or 513-556-7013.
2017 Award Winners:
Sonja Andrus, PhD, UC Blue Ash
Sunguna Chundur, UC Clermont
John Hebbeler, College Conservatory of Music
Arlene Johnson, UC Libraries
Lisa Meloncon, PhD, College of Arts and Sciences
Darcy Smith, College Conservatory of Music