The IT Council is the university governance committee chaired by the CIO and advisory to the CIO. This group is charged to:
- Consider all significant IT initiatives, issues and policies that impact the university.
- Work with the CIO to prepare recommendations to the Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance and the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost.
- Participate in the university’s Integrated Decision Making process.
- Sponsor the creation of a university-wide strategic plan for IT at UC that supports academic and research priorities of the university and lives out the objectives of the Blue Ribbon Task Force on Academic Information Technology Report.
- Develop appropriate IT policies, standards, guidelines, practices and compliance expectations.
- Appoint chairs of, coordinates and oversees the five IT at UC Governance Committees—IT Managers, E-Learning, Research & Development, Core Services & Shared Infrastructure, and Information Security & Compliance.
- Create, coordinate, and oversee ad hoc committees as needed.
The IT Council is comprised of the following:
- Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
- Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Representative
- Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance Representative
- Vice President for Health Affairs Representative
- Vice President for Government Relations and University Communications Representative
- Faculty Representative
- University Architect and Associate Vice President Planning + Design + Construction Representative
- Vice President for Research Representative
- Council of Deans Representative
- Undergraduate Student Representative
- Graduate Student Representative
View the IT Governance Chart.
To contact the IT Council, please fill out the form below. Thank you!