Contact: Keisha Love, Associate Provost for Faculty Development and Special Initiatives, Keisha.Love@uc.edu or 513-556-7013
Department Head Leadership
In monthly sessions designed to cover critical management topics, enhance skills, and build a sense of community, the University’s department heads connect to discuss a wide range of relevant issues.
Led by experts from both inside and outside of the University, these workshops, sponsored by the Office of the Provost, provide department heads with opportunities to share best practices and learn from each other’s experiences as they develop strong leadership skills. Topics change annually based on need but some workshops are recurring.
Session topics include:
- Title IX training
- Balancing departmental budgets
- Conducting effective performance reviews
- Managing challenging conversations and situations with faculty and staff
- Red and Black and Green: UC Budget Management Essentials
- Power of Review: Making the most of annual assessments