Dear UC Students,
As noted in my mid-November email to you, we became aware that many students were having difficulty registering in a timely manner. To ease the situation, we turned off the system functionality that checks for required pre-requisites. This function prevents enrollment in next term courses for which students have not yet met required pre-requisites. As a result some students are now enrolled in courses for which they are not prepared and that will likely create student success challenges. The pre-requisite check is designed to help you properly register.
To rectify this situation the following steps are being taken:
- The pre-requisite checking function has been turned back on.
- A list of apparent improperly registered students has been sent to college offices and departments are reviewing it for accuracy. Advisors or faculty will notify students who need to make registration changes. Communications regarding any schedule changes will come to you as an email, so please pay attention to your email messages throughout December.
- However, students should also double check on their registration status by reviewing the prerequisites noted on the schedule of classes on Onestop and make adjustments or attain class permission to remain. See your advisor regarding how to attain permission or make good registration decisions.
- Students without pre-requisites or permission will be administratively withdrawn on or before December 26th. Again, you will be advised of any such drops by email, so please check your email account regularly over the winter break.
- Please note that the Registrar previously sent a message to all students notifying you that students who do not complete courses this fall that are required for spring enrollments, will be administratively dropped on December 26th.
- If you are having a problem with your schedule over the break please contact your college advising office. Each office will have someone available to help answer questions during the winter break.
Please know that we are sincerely sorry for any registration difficulties you may have experienced and we are currently identifying strategies with UCIT to make improvements this spring in registration system performance and students’ registration experience. Please stay tuned to the OneStop site for updates.
Best regards and I wish you well as this semester draws to a close.
Interim Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost