► 100% Participation
All UC undergraduate students should engage in at least one type of experiential learning during their program.
Ideal facilitation of experiential learning involves preparation and placement of students into contextual environments where they can practically apply knowledge and skills gained at the university, and subsequently to engage students in meaningful reflection upon these authentic experiences.
As the founder of cooperative education in 1906, the University of Cincinnati continues to innovate and expand its realm of experiential education. As part of Integrated Core Learning, this innovative approach seeks theory-practice integration, contextual complexity, and community engagement to develop and nurture learning that is self-directed, integrative, and transformational.
► Additional Resources/Materials
- Career Development Center
- Center for Exploratory Studies (help choose a major)
- The Cincinnati Approach to Experiential Learning
- Co-op & Internships | Professional Practice & Experiential Learning
- Honors | Experiential Learning Projects
- International Programs
- McMicken College of Arts & Sciences | Real-World Experiences
- Service Learning
- UC Forward
- Undergraduate Research