he URSC is currently piloting this new program with 15 students this Spring 2014. We are currently looking for a number of faculty to agree to hire 1-2 students as we pilot this program.
How it works:
- Federal Work-Study funding will cover 75% of student wages
- The Office of Research will cover the additional 25% for the first 12 months of the student's appointment
- The URSC will assess the program through a variety of survey methods
- Faculty that wish to participate must either:
- Have an alternative method for paying non-work study students OR
- Have differentiated job duties for paid vs. unpaid students (volunteers or students participating through class credit)
If you are a faculty member interested in being a part of this pilot program, contact us for more information.